Probe thermometer questions?

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys I'm following some advice on using probe thermometers so I have questions

1) probe placement on the basking platform (even a quick spot check)

2) on the cool side am I placing it in the middle of the enclosure (cool side) or do I place it in their hides? Or do I place it in a corner away from their hide or do I place it near their hide but not in it

I'm new to using probes so I got some noob questions I typically use digital or IR heat gun

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey guys I'm following some advice on using probe thermometers so I have questions

1) probe placement on the basking platform (even a quick spot check)

2) on the cool side am I placing it in the middle of the enclosure (cool side) or do I place it in their hides? Or do I place it in a corner away from their hide or do I place it near their hide but not in it

I'm new to using probes so I got some noob questions I typically use digital or IR heat gun
Place on the cool side side of tank --- place on the spot where he basks for 10 min or so long enough to get a good temp-- then you can move it - spot check every 10 days or so

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Place on the cool side side of tank --- place on the spot where he basks for 10 min or so long enough to get a good temp-- then you can move it - spot check every 10 days or so
I had a problem with the probe i let it sit for about 20 mins then Chubbs decided to peck at the probe. So I had to take it out the temp was 101.1 & 102 respectively then Amber tried to do the same thing. I'm gonna try to use as little tape to pin it down and hide it along the mat and side of the enclosure.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I had a problem with the probe i let it sit for about 20 mins then Chubbs decided to peck at the probe. So I had to take it out the temp was 101.1 & 102 respectively then Amber tried to do the same thing. I'm gonna try to use as little tape to pin it down and hide it along the mat and side of the enclosure.
Ok just check temps every 10 days or so

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom