Price of baby beardies

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandH

Original Poster
The Male has a lot of orange on him. One female has a little bit of yellow and the other female is mostly gray and brown. The second female is what they call a "hot female".

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Do you have pictures of parents and babies? Also, you may want to check the "for sale" section for comparison.
Sara

HandH

Original Poster
The baby's haven't hatched yet but we are planning on selling them between 1 and 3 months of age.

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
Well Petland sells their babies for $50. $70 if they have alot of color. So I would say you should sell them for less than that.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Well for totally normal beardies, I've seen prices range from $25-130, usually about $40-50.
For orange beardies, $50-150 or so.
I wouldn't sell until they are a full 6-8 weeks old because they are terribly fragile before then. Obviously you are going to get less money if you sell to a pet store than if you sell directly to an individual. Make sure whoever you sell to knows how to and can care properly for your beautiful babies. We all want pictures once they hatch!
Sara

HandH

Original Poster
Thank you for your advice and hopefully we'll have pictures in the next week or two.

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
Just a note, I didn't mean sell them to a petstore when I said what Petland prices were. I was just saying they tend to be very overpriced. So that price should be the high end of the price scale. I've seen babies priced higher elsewhere, but usually at that point you are paying to get the dragon from an established breeder who knows the exact genetics of their dragon.

HandH

Original Poster
well we weren't going to sell them to a petstore cuz i guess you have to have a special liscense to sell them to petastores in Michigan.

jargonchipmunk

Juvie Member
Avery broad question with a very broad answer.

The short answer?

$0.00 to $2000.00

Reason?

There are beardies sold or adopted on this forum and others between those price ranges all the time and people willing to pay anywhere between those ranges for different genes.

A good way to get a real answer to that question (as opposed to my smart alec remark above) would be to post their lineage, if it's known. I.E. hypo, leucistic, high color, trans, etc etc etc etc. Then post some pics and it'd be a lot easier to judge what sort of range you should look to ask.

jargonchipmunk

Juvie Member
jargonchipmunk":463bb said:
Avery broad question with a very broad answer.

The short answer?

$0.00 to $2000.00

Reason?

There are beardies sold or adopted on this forum and others between those price ranges all the time and people willing to pay anywhere between those ranges for different genes.

A good way to get a real answer to that question (as opposed to my smart alec remark above) would be to post their lineage, if it's known. I.E. hypo, leucistic, high color, trans, etc etc etc etc. Then post some pics and it'd be a lot easier to judge what sort of range you should look to ask.

wowzers. when I looked at the post to make that reply, I didn't see all the replies before me. I looked again just now and there is plenty of useful info above where I made my post lol. Sorry. I didn't mean to come off sarcastic or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom