Pretty Sure she's Bruminating

Status
Not open for further replies.

brillobee

Well, I'm pretty sure Emma's decided to take a long winter's nap. ( she's about 17 months old) She doesn't get out of bed anymore, just lays there sometimes sleeping sometimes awake on the cool side of her enclosure. She would sometimes eat lots an then somedays none, off and on for about 3 weeks now. And she's been putting herself to bed before the lights turn out. She hasn't eaten at all this week. Should I give her a soak to move her bowels? Also can I turn some of her lights off since she's not basking anymore. ( She has a 100w MVB, a 75w basking bulb, and 3 regular compact fluorescents for extra light) Seems mean for her trying to sleep with all the lights on. She has a hide but doesn't use it. Should I keep putting her salad in everyday, eventhough she has no interest in it?

brillobee

Original Poster
And of course after I post this, today she's up, basking, and gobbled up all her salad. :roll:

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Sounds to me like brumation also.When my girl Rex brumates I leave her lights on. I have read that some people turn them off. I guess it's a personal preference. I never let her go into a full brumation, so yes I still gave her baths about once a week(especially if she has eaten that week).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mysticsalten
Top Bottom