Preparing Water Crystals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennie

Hatchling Member
We just got our order of dubias. How much water crytals should we make up for them? Im reading the pakage and it says 1 dry ounce to 1 gallon of water. That seems like alot. How long do these crytals last before they go bad? I dont want to make too much. :?

LQDragons

Juvie Member
as far as I know, they won't go bad. I go through a gallon in about 3 weeks, but I'm sure I have a few more roaches than you, since you just got yours :D if you have a scale , you could make a half gallon

Jennie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I found conversions and made up a quarter of a gallon worth, haha. I cant believe how much it makes up. >.<

Thank you though!

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Jennie":97eb2 said:
I found conversions and made up a quarter of a gallon worth, haha. I cant believe how much it makes up. >.<

Thank you though!

hehe, just wait til it sits for even longer.. they keep growing for a while. Mine says 15 minutes.. no way, they just kept growing and growing.. I make mine a quart at a time, too.. but I only keep crix..

Jennie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you Theroachguy! My boyfriend Troy just bought and received your 145kit. He had to go to work soon after he got them so I had set up their bin and everything. I got the water crystals down now, haha. I can’t believe how big they can get; I was sitting there just staring at them...o.o Kinda cool. My bf was talking about ordering some adults this next paycheck, so I can’t wait! :mrgreen:

NickZafo

thats too funny, i just recieved my order of a 145 starter too.
the water crystles are great and i got so excited i opend it up and made a whole gallon of it lol. :roll:

my only problem was i dident have my heat tape ready so i put the entire bin on top of my computer and it made one side a cool 92F :)

all i need to do is wait for my rheostat to come in and im set :)

p.s. it came right when you said it would...thanks jason!

Theroachguy

Juvie Member
NickZafo":6bf7f said:
thats too funny, i just recieved my order of a 145 starter too.
the water crystles are great and i got so excited i opend it up and made a whole gallon of it lol. :roll:

my only problem was i dident have my heat tape ready so i put the entire bin on top of my computer and it made one side a cool 92F :)

all i need to do is wait for my rheostat to come in and im set :)

p.s. it came right when you said it would...thanks jason!

hey nick glad all went well and if you need anything let me know im always here to help.
jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom