Prepared food options

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMorpho

Juvie Member
Looking for ideas on pre-prepared food for days when I don't have greens and bugs on hand, or when I need something quick to pop in the tanks on busy days.
This isn't a daily food, but I do need something I can use at least once a week.
I've been using RepCal pellets, but the dragons seem to not want to eat those anymore, and I don't like the idea of all the dyes and preservatives in them. It seems the store I go to doesn't carry them anymore, anyway...
I've been looking at getting some Repashy gels; maybe Grub Pie or Savory Stew.
Any other ideas? What do you guys use?

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Gotta freezer?

I make a chop salad and freeze it in ice cube trays. I pop a cube on a plate under a baskinglight in the am (or could thaw the night before) but in the freezer they last a long time and are going to be a better option than many commercial foods. viewtopic.php?f=18&t=223323
http://skies-of-salt.tumblr.com/post/150104398308/tonight-i-made-a-big-batch-of-lizard-cubes

tumblr_od60vk9nFd1sgcopoo2_1280.jpg

Repashy stuff might work, I haven't had luck getting my guy to eat it though. Veggiburger smells nice but he doesn't care. Not tried bug pie yet. Savory Stew is rank - very pondy. I expect it is geared towards turtles and such.

BlueMorpho

Juvie Member
Original Poster
That's brilliant, thank you!!! I will definitely be making these!!
I ended up buying a sample pack of the National Geographic bearded dragon entree , but it's been a week and they haven't touched any of it or their salads. Hornworms on Saturday went in a flash, though. No problem with bugs, but they've ignored anything in their bowls for three weeks.
Almost started thinking about getting a vibrating dish, but there's no way I can afford that right now on top of the other things I'm spending on this month..
My cricket source will have some for me on Thursday, so just waiting out the hunger strike til then, I guess. Eri's definitely brumating, but Striker's as active as ever, so I don't know what her deal is, lol.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
BlueMorpho":33jo45fe said:
Looking for ideas on pre-prepared food for days when I don't have greens and bugs on hand, or when I need something quick to pop in the tanks on busy days.
This isn't a daily food, but I do need something I can use at least once a week.
I've been using RepCal pellets, but the dragons seem to not want to eat those anymore, and I don't like the idea of all the dyes and preservatives in them. It seems the store I go to doesn't carry them anymore, anyway...
I've been looking at getting some Repashy gels; maybe Grub Pie or Savory Stew.
Any other ideas? What do you guys use?
Taterbug":33jo45fe said:
Gotta freezer?

I make a chop salad and freeze it in ice cube trays. I pop a cube on a plate under a baskinglight in the am (or could thaw the night before) but in the freezer they last a long time and are going to be a better option than many commercial foods. viewtopic.php?f=18&t=223323
http://skies-of-salt.tumblr.com/post/150104398308/tonight-i-made-a-big-batch-of-lizard-cubes

tumblr_od60vk9nFd1sgcopoo2_1280.jpg

Repashy stuff might work, I haven't had luck getting my guy to eat it though. Veggiburger smells nice but he doesn't care. Not tried bug pie yet. Savory Stew is rank - very pondy. I expect it is geared towards turtles and such.

Ice cube sized vegs cubes are a great way of storing the grated and chopped greens and veg, done it for years. Simply get out as many as you need for a few days and thaw them out and divvy them thawed veg out as needed, keeping the rest of the thawed veg in the veg in a sealed container.

I usually make a couple dozen veg cubes at a time. Very time saving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom