Pregnant Beardie? Eating questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

swirls76

I believe my female bearded dragon is about two weeks pregnant. I had some questions about her eating. How much should she be eating? Do I continue to give her collard/mustard greens, and crickets/supers? It doens't seem to me that her eating has picked up. I have read that her eating picks up, but I don't notice that much of a difference.

Is it about 3-4 weeks before she lays?

Thanks

swirls76

Original Poster
TheWolfmanTom":1wcpmlxl said:
21 to 30 days and she should lay.
feed her all she will eat and up her calcium

Eating has slowed considerably and I believe she's about two weeks pregnant and acting crazy. Running back and forth from corner to corner. All the temps have remained the same, and I recently changed the UV bulb. Is is possible that she may need to lay?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Cuda

Gray-bearded Member
Retired Moderator
Could be, if you're off by a week on your calculations. Appetite does go down before laying, and spike way back up soon afterward.

Meadow slows right down in her eating for about a week before she lays. She also digs in her background, and climbs her viv!! She acts like a crazy woman!!! I get as much calcium in her as i can during this, I even dust her salad a bit and put some extra vitamins on her salad. Giver her lots of warm baths. They tend to poop in the tub, so I run one in a rubbermaid container, and start them in the sink, so if they poop they arent swimming in it. After she lays, Meadow eats like a pig!!!! 50-60 crickets a night. She cycles infertile eggs, so we have been throughthis 3 times since easter. Just be patient, she will lay soon.

swirls76

Original Poster
meadowsmommy":254y75nv said:
Meadow slows right down in her eating for about a week before she lays. She also digs in her background, and climbs her viv!! She acts like a crazy woman!!! I get as much calcium in her as i can during this, I even dust her salad a bit and put some extra vitamins on her salad. Giver her lots of warm baths. They tend to poop in the tub, so I run one in a rubbermaid container, and start them in the sink, so if they poop they arent swimming in it. After she lays, Meadow eats like a pig!!!! 50-60 crickets a night. She cycles infertile eggs, so we have been throughthis 3 times since easter. Just be patient, she will lay soon.

We put my male in two weeks ago, so I am pretty sure she's about two weeks. I am assuming she's not due for another week or two.

I haven't seen her eat much. I am offering everything from supers, wax worms, and hornworms along with collard/ mustard greens. She hasn't touched any of the worms while I am around. I am also putting calcium on her veggies.

She's also shedding, would that have something to do with her being crazy?

Aww poor thing, shedding and gravid!!! That's like human female having her period and a bad hair day!!! :p

That could be too. Just dont stress yourself out too much. She will lay. Just keep putting her in the lay box, giver her warm baths and offer food. Nature will have a way of working things out!

swirls76

Original Poster
meadowsmommy":1rplwt4l said:
Aww poor thing, shedding and gravid!!! That's like human female having her period and a bad hair day!!! :p

That could be too. Just dont stress yourself out too much. She will lay. Just keep putting her in the lay box, giver her warm baths and offer food. Nature will have a way of working things out!

We have eggs! Maude finally laid her first clutch. Twenty-seven of them, and they all look uniform with no dents. This is my first clutch as well, so I have a few questions about what makes a fertile egg. What should the color of the eggs should look like? Most of them have like a pink/red side. I also placed them in the vermiculite the way she laid them.

Thanks

Just do the old old up to a back light and see if there are veins running through it. That will tell you if they are good or not. I think you may have to wait a few days though.

Grats!!!Hopefully she chills out now!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom