Prefers to hide than bask:/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshandmushu

Hatchling Member
So Mushu seems to like to hide than bask which is annoying because after I feed him obviously he needs to bask but he hides instead. Thoughts?

Oh by the way I know he's not scared of me or anything like that because I get him out everyday and he's fine with it.

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
take away his ability to hide? If he's new to you, he might still be scared of things that move back and forth across his field of vision. My new beardie liked to hide as well, but when I replaced his rock hide with a brick, and moved the rock hide to the cool side of the tank, he got the picture pretty quickly. If he can be warm and hide, he's going to choose to hide rather than bask.

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
I had to take away my beardies hide because all he did was hide under it all day... so, out it went. But now he tries to hide under his fake plant. He's just been acting so weird the past couple months. I can't wait for breeding season to be over!

tempusfugit

Hatchling Member
I would prefer to leave the ability for my dragon to properly regulate his temperature and UV.. There's probably a reason he's trying to hide, it's not normal behavior to do it all the time.. What are your temps and how do you check them? What kind of UV and basking bulbs?

And they don't NEED to bask right after they eat.. if they are warm enough to digest, there's no point in getting warmer.

Joshandmushu

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for replying guys I've had Mushu nearly 10 months now so he's not really new to me, @tempusfugit you said they don't need to bask after they eat so should I still keep the log in?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If your beardie is hiding after eating, it sounds like something needs to be adjusted or changed. Can you fill us in on your temps, type of thermometer and also UVB?

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Yoshi just started doing this as well! Could it be just that it's still mating season?

Fortunate

Hatchling Member
Dyaln is doing the same thing!! I took out all his hides and he still goes to the cool side to hide!
All his fecals are normal (got the all clear on monday)
He is driving me insane!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom