Pre-Spring, Semi-Cranky Collection!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonphoenix36

Juvie Member
..We just love the rice sock. It makes Sakura happy..therefore, James and I are happy..because if she's not happy..NO ONE IS..LOL.
I read somewhere on a post here a while back that some beardies are attracted to the color red-someone was wearing bright red nail polish and her beardie was mesmorized by it, so I thought I'd put it to the test. I went to the Family Dollar store and purchased two bags of rice and a left over pair of Valentine's Day socks..all for a whopping $3.00..LOL...it was the cheapest thing that has ever been purchased for her..and she loves it the most..figures..LOL. After I put it in her viv, I said to James..do you think she gets it now?..that we do love her and we're not going to try to hurt her or eat her?!?! LOL. And yes, Miss Holly..we are going to take the DIVA out of her viv, with her beloved sock and see if she'll sit still on James for a few minutes with her sock..LOL. I'm still al little nervous because she HATES to be handled..so I'm hoping the sock will keep her somewhat calm, as she's still young and is fidgety anyway. I just don't want her to leap off of us and hurt herself.
The second picture James posted is more accurate to the "cranky" we see everyday..and that cranky has been going on for months now..and that's why we were starting to get concerned that something was amiss with her...so that leads to..Thank you Tracy for putting our fears to rest..James will finally sleep now knowing his baby girl is just severely cranky and nothing else..just like the other women in his life..poor kid can't win for losing..LOL..Thank you for saying that. She does look very healthy..that's why we really stumped because she didn't look sick..she was just acting "off" and cranky and we didn't know why..so we were thinking she was a little older than we were told she was. I could stake my life on the fact I knew it had nothing to do with the way she is kept. James is an EXCELLENT Daddy..he takes extremely good care of her ( and me :) )..and we are both lucky to have him.
Thank you for all the compliments and support..we appreciate it very much.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
dragonphoenix36":70e4d said:
..oh..and her black beard reminds me of Ruben when he told Holly...
GET. AWAY. FROM. MA. SALAD.!!!!! :laughhard:

Hahah!

Let me know how it goes with Saku!
Id suggest sitting on the floor with her and her sock on your lap. It should take away the urge for her to leap into the unknown that she has when she is elevated.

Holly xx

dragonphoenix36

Juvie Member
Id suggest sitting on the floor with her and her sock on your lap. It should take away the urge for her to leap into the unknown that she has when she is elevated.
Holly xx[/quote]

Oh Holly..I wish you could see what we go through just to handle her..It should be on America's Funniest Home Videos..LOL..First, we actually have to get her..which is no small feat because now..instead of being able to pick her up with one hand, now we need two..LOL. And of course..we always go in from the front..never the top or sides..she sees "the bad hand thing" coming long before it reaches her..LOL. We have to move gently but quickly because if she sees an opportunity..she will try to leap for freedom..even if it is halfway between the person who's picking her up..and her viv..LOL. Then, when we finally get her..it's rapid hand over hand to keep her moving and to keep her from climbing up our arms, to our shoulders, and then to the tops of our heads..she will jump off...and James and I are not short people..we're both 5'9''..so I'm afraid what jumping from that hight would do to her...so we have to play Sakura's way..LOL. So we chose the hallway that joins the bedroom and the living room as Sakura's warm playplace. James sits on one end of the hall, and I sit on the other..to make sure she can't escape anywhere she could get caught, hurt or hide..LOL. But even on the floor..she STILL jumps.If my legs are in her way..she'll jump over them..and she's quick, too. I've read in posts here several times that it's normal because she's still a "baby" ..and that she'll grow out of it when she's an adult. Man.. I can't wait until she's an adult...LOL.
Thank you. I will keep you posted, and hopefully I can get some cute pics of James and Sakura with her "love sock"..LOL.

dragonphoenix36

Juvie Member
Hello Miss Holly...
I'm not quite sure how Madame Saku is doing today, but I went to see James yesterday because he wasn't feeling well, and sure enough..I got the "cranky" marks. Wait..let me make my "shocked and awed face" :shock: LOL. We had such a good time with her Friday night, and then I get that..LOL..
I did post an update, but I didn't know how to add it on here..so I did another one under beardie tales. Now I know how you felt when Rube climbed up and sat on your shoulder when he usually doesn't like heights..such a good feeling. I hope all is well with you.

LJean

Extreme Poster
I wonder if Sakura and Calypso are related, LOL She doesn't quite like to be held either. I have to basically chase her around the enclosure to get her out. That never makes a happy beardie. But baths and cleaning must be done.

dragonphoenix36

Juvie Member
..Like James has said..he swears there's some sort of underground network our "kids" communicate with and conspire against us, because there's nothing better to them than an upset, worried, or frantic Mom and Dad a.k.a "beardie slave"..LOL..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold3231
Top Bottom