Prayers for Dawn & family R.I.P. Quasimoto Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livey

Extreme Poster
*Crosses Fingers so hard they could break off!*

I hope he does better with his eating tomorrow!
Cmon Quasi!
:blob5: :blob8:

LilStinkpot

Juvie Member
Awwwww, poor little guy! He's endured so much, he just HAS-ta hang in there!

Our thoughts and prayers are turned your way, Dawn and Quasi.

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
He's been off and on today, he seems a little better for about an hour, then he'll have a couple bad hours. We completely cleaned his viv, and switched his fleece blankies over to cotton quilted pads -- they hold the heat very nicely under the light, because I quilted them like a regular quilt.

He has had more water today than food (2.5 cc's food / 3 cc's water), and so far has not thrown up today. His poor little throat has to be so sore. When he throws up, its like a thick saliva / foamy mess. Last night it was super foamy, and he flung some onto his side spikes -- it was everywhere, and really hard to clean up.

We did not give him Reptaid today, giving him a break because the congestion sounds better. He slept on hubby for about 3 hours, we think it was the best sleep Quasi has gotten in about 4 days or so. I also made some flannel cotton pillowcases for the heating pad so we can leave that in his viv on low round the clock. He has taken to laying on it and hugging the corner of it lately, so he obviously wants that little extra warmth.

I know he's miserable, but he seems to keep plugging along, how do I know I am not torturing him or making him suffer? I really don't want to let him go, he is such a little love, so independent despite all his problems. He is not dark bearding all the time, just when he gets the bad gagging / retching, or of course when he's gonna throwup.

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
I'm glad Quasi has had some periods of resting, it's so nice that your hubby is just as pampering as you are with your babies, imagine, sleeping on daddy for 3 hours. It makes me teary, (does he have a brother?) :wink:
Have you ever taken Quasi to the vet during this time of sickness, I may have missed it. Thanks for keeping us posted on little sweet Quasi, my prayers will continue.

wingnuts

Juvie Member
I'm glad that there have been small improvements. I will keep my fingers crossed and hope that soon this scare is behind you.

Tracy & Stella

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm so glad he's improving a little bit, it all helps. HUGS AND PRAYERS FOR QUASI

I haven't read his whole story, but I noticed his MBD right away, poor love. I'm so glad that he found you, it's probably the 1st time he's felt like a beardie being taken care of by his human slaves (of love). You're doing the best for him. As long as he can keep down what he eats, bit by bit he'l get better. He's such a fiesty little guy!

HUGS & PRAYERS FROM ALL OF US
Deb, Roger, Sweetie, Lonzo, Leo, Rubio and Didi
Rocco our golden gecko
& GianCarlo, our beta fish :D :D :D

Just eat well Quasi and keep what you eat and you'll gain strength day by day :D :D :D

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Still thinking about Quasi and hoping he'll be doing much better very soon. {{{{{hugs}}}}} You're doing a great job with him, keep up the great work.

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Whew, we had so many things today that pulled us away from home, a doc appt for me, and Christmas concerts for the band & orchestra -- I was so worried about Quasi being alone today, for so long, and it was only about 20 degrees out so taking him with was not an option... but we just walked back in the door, and he is sitting on his rock under his UVB looking like "where the heck have you been?" -- not finding any evidence of any trauma while we've been gone, thank goodness!

He is still hanging on, so we're going to keep helping him fight this. He is happy where he is at the moment, so I refuse to disturb him, I will get a weight on him in the morning when we get him out to feed him. I pray he isn't losing more weight. He just looks to me like he's getting skinny...

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
I know how worried you were to leave Quasi alone today...I'm so happy that all went well with him while you were out.
Such a sweet good little guy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheekypotato
Top Bottom