Prayers for Dawn & family R.I.P. Quasimoto Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
I must say every time I see an update on here I say a quick "Please God, let it be good news!!". And my prayers were answered :wink:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
spurlee01":23ixlip1 said:
I must say every time I see an update on here I say a quick "Please God, let it be good news!!". And my prayers were answered :wink:
I agree!!!!!!!!!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Glad to hear that Quasi is feeling a bit better, must be great for him to not be sick for a change, poor little guy, we're all praying for him to get better. I'm glad the tummy warmer worked for him, too. He's such a fighter :D

Deb

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
fez09":h2sehy6x said:
Hi Dawn! How is our special boy doing today??

+1

Hope he's doing good today. I would love to see a pic of him once again. He's such a good boy.

Praying and thinking of you every day Quasi, hope you're feeling better now.

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Atrax":38sjccuf said:
fez09":38sjccuf said:
Hi Dawn! How is our special boy doing today??

+1

Hope he's doing good today. I would love to see a pic of him once again. He's such a good boy.

Praying and thinking of you every day Quasi, hope you're feeling better now.
I must admit, I still get a shiver down my spine when I read your sig -- 42, really?!? 42 Tarantulas?!?!? :shock: :shock: :shock: I am deathly afraid of spiders!!!

He lost his cookies on daddy yesterday without warning, it was really a mess to clean up... we were both "biting it back" so we didn't add to the pile... he's not sounding too good this morning, I'm getting ready to try some more water and a little food... he's trying to glass dance, but I know he's got to be weak after a week plus of throwing up. Benebec isn't helping, either, we added some to his food and it didn't improve his keeping food down. Anything is worth a try at this point.

He did weigh in at 318 yesterday, so why is he not losing weight fast? We're wondering if he's in a partial brumation, if his body has slowed down internally for winter, that could help us get him thru this without him starving.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm hoping what you mentioned in your last post works. Poor baby, to be throwing up so much. We had a virus or something go through our bunch last spring. Issy passed away, we didn't get to her fast enough, but the others Lonzo and Sweetie were ok, thank goodness, so I can just image how a week's worth would weaken him. My vet gave me critical care called Carnivore. It's got more protein, is easy to make and all our beardies like it. Maybe that would help Quasi? It was the first I'd heard of it, having been used to hearing about Critical Care and it worked on Sweetie, who wasn't eating, just laying eggs.

Anyway, enough about that, I'm just praying that you get a way to feed him with him being sick. He's got such grit, that he's hanging in so well. He just loves you so much Dawn and your family, too, it's giving him a great will to live.

I've been praying all along and talking to our beardies about Quasi, they all say hi and are sending strengthening thoughts to him. Hope this helps your little sweetie! :D

Thanks for keeping us posted, I know your life is as busy as a life can get. Hope everyone is feeling better, too.
Deb

YBS0502

Hatchling Member
nice to hear about the brumation possibility to help him get through this YELLOWBEARD and I are still praying for QUASI have a good night

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Dawn do your beardies like soy yogurt? When mine get an upset tummy that's what I use and they love it. Just a thought. :wink:
As I'm sure you are about ready to try anything. I know that when Zak gets his throwing up episodes it really helps alot.

It could be that he's not wanting to eat because of brumation like you are thinking. As I have RD who often will not sleep but she doesn't eat either. Tell me how do beardies gain weight during this time??? :roll: RD is up about 40 to 50 grams without eating. :roll:
However they do not usually make themselves vomit to empty out they usually go from pooping every few days to everytime they eat to make sure they are empty if they fall asleep.

Can I ask what UVB is Quasi under? Don't mind me I'm brainstorming here. :wink:

Many, many warm prayers for my little friend. :love5:

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
fresnowitte":242p2ic2 said:
Dawn do your beardies like soy yogurt? When mine get an upset tummy that's what I use and they love it. Just a thought. :wink:
Have searched all over, and cannot find the soy yogurt anywhere. We don't have "Whole Foods" near me, and the chain stores don't carry it, its all dairy. Called every little market and health food type store within a 30 minute drive. I have to run a few towns over tomorrow, will try a farmers market / health food store near my destination.

fresnowitte":242p2ic2 said:
Can I ask what UVB is Quasi under? Don't mind me I'm brainstorming here.
He was under a MegaRay 100w SB that tested good, but we switched him over to a brand new Repti-Sun 10.0 about 10 days ago -- he has had good & bad days since the light change, trust me, I'm logging about every little detail to try and find some pattern... there has to be something!!! he is in a 36w x 18d viv (30-breeder, same footprint as the 40-breeder, but shorter height). With his blankie ramps he can get to within about 7-8 inches of it if he wants. then he's got a 60w for heat.

We were so proud of him taking 2.5 cc's in one sitting today ... all was well for about 1 hour, then he threw up again. This is making me crazy. He's actually sleeping pretty peacefully ATM and its feeding time, I don't have the heart to disturb him just yet! Hope he wakes soon, as he needs basking time after eating.

Question! He seems to be having problems if we get him to proper temps -- it makes his breathing laboured... wth do I do if my dragon cannot handle the warm basking temps? :shock: That is the only pattern we've found so far... chilled breeze makes him wheeze, and too warm (literally he starts hacking badly at 90* +) makes him hack like dry heaves. So we've been using a heating pad on low for him to lay on to keep him warm from underneath.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Dawn, at our chain grocers there is actually a seperate "health food" section which has soy yoghurt. Kroger is where I usually find it, I don't know if you all have those up there.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Hmmm???? ***Scratches head***
I don't know what to say about him not liking the temps to be above 90* as it really needs to be atleast 95* for him to digest his food properly.
I think that the heat pad is a good idea for him while you are feeding him the CC mixture.

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
we used to have Kroger here, I miss them! But the nearest ones to me are about 2.5 hours away... so I'll try the little place in Ravenna tomorrow, or Edinburgh (little burghs worth trying!)

I know Barbara, WTH do I do if that is part of his problem? We have tried upping the amounts of fluid intake to compensate, but he hacks no matter what once he gets into that heat range, and keep hacking until he cools off. Can you say f-r-u-s-t-r-a-t-e-d-?-!-?

I basically set the timer to make sure he gets the basking time (I feel like I'm baking a cake with him) ... remember, his stool is soft anyway because of the CC diet -- and apples is his fave, so mixing with applesauce to get him to eat it... well, he's definitely not going to get impacted any time soon.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Deb, sorry to hear that Quasi is still vomiting at times, not it sounds like he is wheezing. What is the humidity level in his tank? Are you using a temp gun or digital with probe to check the temps?

If you can't find any soy yogurt, Benebac gel seems to work very well and they like the taste. Here's a link so you can see what it looks like and to read about it. http://www.petco.com/product/102266/PetAg-Bene-Bac-Beneficial-Bacteria.aspx?cm_mmc=CSEMGooglebase-_-Bird-_-PetAg-_-964417&mr:trackingCode=39701416-8381-DE11-B7F3-0019B9C043EB&mr:referralID=NA

We all really want to get little Quasi straightened out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom