Powersun not giving off enough heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epic

Juvie Member
I have a 160watt powersun and it's 13 inches from the basking rock. The temp goes from 105-107 during the day. I know thats a good temp, but at that short if a distance, shouldn't it be a lot hotter than that? Is this too close for Houdini? It says minimum 12", but still wondering anyone elses thoughts.

K9KidsLove

Sub-Adult Member
Hi...I agree it should be hotter. What are you using to take temps with? stick on, temp gun, digital with a probe?

What kind of fixture do you have the lamp in? Is it made of solid or a wire cage type?
Good luck
Patsy

Epic

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I should of been more specific :) it's in a zoo med deep dome fixture. I'm using both a digital stick on thermometer, and a digi gun.

citrusdragon

Sub-Adult Member
The only thing I can think of is there is a lot of ventilation dissipating the heat. A 160 watt at 13 inches should be frying anything close, lol. If you have a really large aquarium sometimes the heat ventilation from the screen top will lose heat very fast creating cooler conditions, and then it is necessary to cover part of the screen to retain heat.

Just a thought

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom