Powersun MVB

Status
Not open for further replies.

pscaulkins

Extreme Poster
Has anyone used a Powersun MVB light? If so, has anyone had any bad experiences with one? I just put a new Powersun MVB on Semi's tank because his T-Rex was no good and could not find one locally and didn't want to wait for one to come in the mail as Semi didn't have a light that worked good. But I am sort of regretting the purchase of this light as Semi now keeps one eye closed. No swollen area or oozing, just closing it. It is 14" from him so I know it's far enough away.

pscaulkins

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Oh I posted this thread in the wrong forum! Thank you moderators for moving it! No one?? Anyway it was the Powersun light causing Semi issues. I switched it out with Jada's Mega Ray and gave Jada a EB series Mega Ray and Semi has not closed his eyes at all. The Powersun was putting UVB's out because Semi's coloring was bright but it was emitting something else because it was making him close his eyes.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Gee, I'm glad to hear that you're not using it anymore then. That's the first I've heard about a eye issue from using it, but I have only used the T-Rex myself. It's a good thing you noticed it and reacted right away. Thanks for sharing your experience with others. :wink:

LJean

Extreme Poster
Thanks for letting us know. I haven't gotten my mvb yet, and now will be sure not to get that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mysticsalten
Top Bottom