powers out

Status
Not open for further replies.

mllanes

were getting slammed by the hurricane.

The power just went out and nothing is open right now so i cant go get hand warmers or anything.

We placed our 6 week old on a warm water bottle in hopes that the power comes back on soon

anyone else getting hit by this hurricane?

mllanes

Original Poster
we lost power for 4 hours.

i was holding Rocco in my hand for a while and he seemed to love it. he fell right asleep because he thought it was night time.

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
Here in Philadelphia most people's power is out. Transformers have been sparking and there's a lot of downed wires. :(

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

I hope everyone stays safe out there. Hopefully it will blow over quickly for you.

Tracie

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
It pretty much already has here. The rain has pretty much stopped, but it's still pretty windy. My animals we're very happy today! :roll: lol

cilla05

We lost power last year during a winterstorm for 24 hours, it was freezing in the house. We didn't have the Beardies but a leopard gecko and 2 fish tanks. We put a soft warm water bottle for the gecko in his terrarium ( he bites, wasn't handled as a baby) and I dropped bottles with hot water in my fish tanks every hour. We had to boil water on the BBQ when we ran out of hot water. My husband made it to work after 20 hours with no power and took the cold gecko to work with him and put him in his office. His work had power and the gecko spend the day watching the security monitors :D. We were so worried about losing the gecko and the fish. I am going to buy a bunch of handwarmers tomorrow, thank you for the reminder!

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
WOW I never realized how bad power outages get! Living in the city we usually have our power back fairly quickly. I cant imagine not having it for days!!

Chefdragon

I'm in Brooklyn NY and most people lost their power. My power stayed on so Im happy. I didn't have warmers, generator, nothing. Wasn't prepared at all. My beardie should be waking up in about an hour so I will feed him and be thankful we didn't have to go to extreme methods.

Good luck to everyone in the northeast

Melody12

Hatchling Member
Good luck to you all. I'm pretty lucky. We're not getting anything where I live. It's just cloudy and cold. Hope it blows over soon. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom