Potty Trained

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronzie

Hatchling Member
I have my gal "kinda" potty trained. She goes every morning like clockwork between 9am - 10am.
She goes either up on this flat rock or on her piece of reptile carpet. For the last 3 mornings while on the computer she moves down to do her business.
I slide open the front door and put a few pieces of toilet paper down so that it's 2 squares long and 3 squares thick. When I go back to the computer she moves over to it and goes. She's gone perfectly on it all 3 days so far. :D

Ronzie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Up to 6 straight days. I've even moved it to the one corner and she still goes on it. :D
Sure makes cleaning up alot easier.

Ya my old one went every second day. Never a day off. And a little after 3pm. Always right in front of or in her food dish. It was so wierd.

Grimleo

Juvie Member
I find it kind of funny that my Squeak has a spot nearest her basking spot where she will do her business at, and never anywhere else in the cage. Herc, on the other hand, does it wherever he pleases. Almost as if it just sneaks up on him, lol.

Ronzie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Funny thing this morning. She was on her rock looking at me on the computer. I'd look at her, then she'd look towards her poop area. Back and forth. I dropped the kids off at school and came back and she already went. It was almost like she was telling me she had to go. So I had a mess to clean up.

kimmie

Sub-Adult Member
Sounds like she was looking at you to put the toilet paper down for her!

Wish mine was trained to do that!

LadyMeridius

Hatchling Member
This sounds crazy but mine knows to go in the kitchen, whenever possible. I always let her run around and she makes a point to do her business in the kitchen.

We even had it blocked off the one day. She would scratch at it, look at my husband and shake her butt. After the third time of doing that, he got up and let her in the kitchen where she promptly did her business.

I think like my other pets that she likes to hear "good girl" and get a little scritch. HA HA

mines only goes when I put her In the water as soon as I put her in dere. Is like she knows she never goes in her cage she would hold her poop for days if I don't put her in water. Is kinda cool but dere be days dat I wish she would do it in the cage.

VogueStar

Thats great!!
My male has been doin his biz on the same rock for like a week now, it does make cleaning so much easier!! My female goes in the same spot too she a lil messy though and tends to runs threw it if I dont get it out right away. :idea: We need to invent a reptile toilet with plumbing and all hehhe it would make all our lives much easier! Hey if you can teach a cat to use a toliet why not a dragon :?:

isabelleandpaul

Juvie Member
Since the weather is warm, I started to take Balrog outside, and after say 10-15 minutes, she poops in the grass! She used to poop every three or four days (massive poop), in the bath, but now everytime we take her in the backyard, she goes! It's been once a day for the past week, small quantities than before obviously!
Cleaning is SO easy when its done in the grass!

She goes in her viv only when she's angry, like when I left for a one week vacation (my mom and kids had to do the cleaning). I should try the toilet paper trick when we can't go outside!

Sapphire

Sub-Adult Member
My baby goes in the same general area all the time and always around the same time of day. For a while he always did at about 11am, but lately it's closer to 1pm, every day. He poo's on the left side of his tank, sleeps and basks on the right side. Think there's any kind of connection?

Ronzie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Sapphire":28ltlebk said:
My baby goes in the same general area all the time and always around the same time of day. For a while he always did at about 11am, but lately it's closer to 1pm, every day. He poo's on the left side of his tank, sleeps and basks on the right side. Think there's any kind of connection?

I think some beardies don't like to poop where they hang out. I believe most pets can be potty trained. Probably only a very few types of reptiles.
My neighbors iguana was litter box trained and my sister had a pot belly pig that would either go in a litter box or scratch at the door to go out.

HanksDad

My beardie name is Hank. I have had him for a lil over a year now. Since he has been small he goes where ever he pleases. On heads shirts laps beds etc and even in his own cage! how can I train him to poop in the same spot time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom