Potential rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbi1655

I just picked up a scale at Wal-Mart this morning in the kitchen stuff aisle.

They had 3 different ones. A very small one that looked way too little. The next size one is what I got, it was $9.50 I think. Then they had a digital for $28 and some change. I debated on the digital one, but decided I only wanted it for reference, so see how much weight James is gaining. It didn't need to be exactly accurate.

I put a dinner plate on it, then reset it to zero as the base was too small.

BTW he is about 150 grams and 16 inches long.

Barb

Nasubi77

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
The little fella (nameless as of yet) is doing just fine. I've taken loads of pics but forget to bring my camera to work to dl the pics!

He eats everything I put in front of him. I started him with small meals of phoenix worms. After a few days with no problems, I started giving him a few of the smallest supers out of my collection. Those digested well, so yesterday I let him have 15. Will wait for poop before I let him have another big meal like that. He's been going every other day. He usually eats all his salads.
Saturday, he weighed 139g. Amber weighs 584g, lol.

Should I entertain the idea that he might be a Rankins? He is small, but his body is all proportional, he even has a tiny little head to go with the rest of his body. And considering his strength and energy level, he just really doesn't seem like the typical neglected beardie. I know there is something slightly different about the shape of their heads from a normal beardie, but can't recall what the difference is. . .

Anyway, will try to remember to post pics next week. Have a great holiday weekend!

bdgal

Hatchling Member
WOW!! I just read your post. That is such an amazing story!!! I only have one baby beardie currently (from a breeder) and I think that the only other beardie I would consider getting would be a rescue. I know how hard the strain is of rescuing an animal that is sick and can rack up medical bills (and STRESS) very easily. It is a big decision to make...and I am so glad that there are people like you (and barb!) out there.

People can be so ignorant and cruel....these poor creatures do not deserve the awful fate bestowed upon them. AGAIN....SOOOO HAPPY THAT YOU TOOK THE RISK AND ADOPTED HIM!!! He will be a blessing in your life (As you are in his). Congrats on him doing so well so far.

Btw, did you pick out a name yet???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom