Possibly gravid beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! Long time no talk!

Recently Haku (my year and few month old female beardie) woke up from brumation. Upon waking up in march she started doing the tell-tale signs of a gravid female: digging, scratching, glass dancing, having small poops, eating a lot then suddenly not eating much at all. Recently she has been head bobbing a lot which is something I've never seen her do prior to this.

I set up a lay box on the warm side of her viv with damp play sand and she seemed to be enjoying it for a few days. After those few days she seemed to be laying around a lot more and not being super active so I gave her a bath and she let LOOSE. I'm talking a poop that was so big it even freaked out my boyfriend. After that bath she has gone to the bathroom on her own so I'm no longer worried about impaction, however, I took the lay box out because I was scared of it occurring again.

Are there any ways I can prevent impaction from happening? I didn't feed her in or near the sand. Or is there anyway I could make a lay box out of other material? I'm not even entirely sure that she is gravid, seeing as she also just had a full body shed and I know they act weird during that time, but I will post pictures to get everyone's opinion when I have a chance.

Tank set up:
40 g
Hot side: 103
Cool side: 80
Dragon size: 1yr 3ish months, 19 inches, 457g
Reptisun 10.0 uvb tube (two months old)
Tile substrate
She eats mostly collared greens, mustard greens, kale, beardie pellets, crickets, etc (I have the list of okay and not okay food so sometimes she gets bell peppers and other things) and she LOVES baby food squash.

Any help would be appreciated!

alexarayehelena

Original Poster
86234-6031898362.jpg
86234-5546440380.jpg
You can't really see it in this picture but her vent also appears to be slightly swollen. It was worse but has gone down a bit since she had that huge BM.

And in case anyone is wondering, that white thing on her face is the last of her full body shed lol.

alexarayehelena

Original Poster
Just wanted to give an update on the little one. The day after this post she ended up laying 32 infertile eggs!
Her appetite is awesome, she is super hydrated, put a good amount of weight back on and everything has been great, except today she started glass surfing again.

Any idea on how soon they will lay a second clutch? I saw people saying anywhere from 15 days to never again lol.

Here's some pictures of the eggs:
86234-8340235022.jpg

And here's a picture of the pretty girl basking shortly after:
86234-6864977437.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom