Possibly Brumation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brodie67

Well my beardie riddick has been asleep 85% of the past 4 days, and I am getting quite worried. What should I do? I've offered him greens he will open his eyes and look at them but wont get up. I've tried to feed him as well but still wont eat. He hasn't eaten in 5 days and im kind of scared. Is this normal? Please help! :?

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Well it is normal if your beardie is old enough to brumate and all of your husbandry is correct.
If you would like to answer a few questions, we can try and help you figure out if it is indeed symptoms of brumation or something else.

How old is your beardie?
What brand and type UVB are you using?
How old is your UVB bulb?
How close can your dragon get to the UVB?
Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage? Is it a white or colored bulb?
What are the basking temps?
What is the cool side temp?
Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun?
Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? How many days a week do you use each of them?
Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)?
Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom