Possible Yellow Fungus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That spot looks painful! I don't think it would necessarily be yellow fungus as it shouldn't have scraped off like that though.
I have to agree though, since there is no proof of fungus & it is a raw & open wound I would not use any anti-fungal cream on it. As suggested, I would use the unpasteurized honey on that area to help expedite the healing of it.
Your little Daisy is a cutie pie! Receiving an injection for antibiotics is much like an oral medication but is easier on the system though. It still wouldn't hurt to get a probiotic to help the system out.
Most medications tend to cause a slight imbalance in the GI tract.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

sammmycakes

Hatchling Member
cfjustin":3r2vwpsb said:
Update 5/24/14;

My vet called me back and said a few things, he got off the phone with a exotics vet from UC Davis and told me that it doesn't seem like yellow fungus because the tissue doesn't look infected as he said it goes deeper than just scales. He also said YF is only yellow in chameleons and he said Acediphilus is incorrect. I'm continuing betadine baths and will get some unpast honey and lamasil just in case. I haven't seen it spread any where else on her body.

How quick does it spread exactly on BD?

Please someone i need a reply.

Yellow fungus spread insanely quickly on my girl. I first noticed a spot on her belly, the next day I noticed a scaless blister looking spot on her back and maybe a week later (while waiting for our vet appt) her entire belly, legs and face were covered in yellow spots, some looked like dried crusted on baby food. She became so miserable so quickly too, it was horrible. I started on the medicine right away (feb 2014) and after the 60 days of treatment mixed with antifungal creams and probiotics were here at the end of may still fungus free.

The main thing the helped me was I had to stop the full baths. Immediately. Fungus loves water. That was when I first started noticing the yellow spots fading.

Good luck.... Message me if you need an advice.

cfjustin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":2a5x2687 said:
Hello,

That spot looks painful! I don't think it would necessarily be yellow fungus as it shouldn't have scraped off like that though.
I have to agree though, since there is no proof of fungus & it is a raw & open wound I would not use any anti-fungal cream on it. As suggested, I would use the unpasteurized honey on that area to help expedite the healing of it.
Your little Daisy is a cutie pie! Receiving an injection for antibiotics is much like an oral medication but is easier on the system though. It still wouldn't hurt to get a probiotic to help the system out.
Most medications tend to cause a slight imbalance in the GI tract.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

I'll start her on on honey very soon, ordering a probiotic soon also. Thank you, i will keep updating

cfjustin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
sammmycakes":38bneih4 said:
cfjustin":38bneih4 said:
Update 5/24/14;

My vet called me back and said a few things, he got off the phone with a exotics vet from UC Davis and told me that it doesn't seem like yellow fungus because the tissue doesn't look infected as he said it goes deeper than just scales. He also said YF is only yellow in chameleons and he said Acediphilus is incorrect. I'm continuing betadine baths and will get some unpast honey and lamasil just in case. I haven't seen it spread any where else on her body.

How quick does it spread exactly on BD?

Please someone i need a reply.

Yellow fungus spread insanely quickly on my girl. I first noticed a spot on her belly, the next day I noticed a scaless blister looking spot on her back and maybe a week later (while waiting for our vet appt) her entire belly, legs and face were covered in yellow spots, some looked like dried crusted on baby food. She became so miserable so quickly too, it was horrible. I started on the medicine right away (feb 2014) and after the 60 days of treatment mixed with antifungal creams and probiotics were here at the end of may still fungus free.

The main thing the helped me was I had to stop the full baths. Immediately. Fungus loves water. That was when I first started noticing the yellow spots fading.

Good luck.... Message me if you need an advice.

Thank you for posting, I took down everything and will keep it in mind. :)

cfjustin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Update 5/26/14

Still no signs of spreading, still hospital mode enclosure. Continuing betadine baths. Eating normally like a champ, being cute as can be. She's basking with a double sexy leg as we speak after a dubia meal. She's runnin around, it's upsetting her so much I'm not handling her as much. No signs of illness, wound is a little bit changed up in color(darker) due to natural healing. Doesn't look infected.. Tail is going into shed.

ee7a2a38a05903a6f2218166b76fd862.png

cfjustin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":1pgk9ht9 said:
Hello,

She looks awfully content basking there! :D
How is that spot looking?

Tracie

It looks a little worse, the wound is pretty dry and looks not infected, but I think yellowing is returning.
The leg is also going into shed.

0249c1c0b1a29a4e715f5c550057bb9c.png

a76fff93bab5de1333240773be09206c.png

Does it look like YF? It's returning in the same spot. Still hasn't spread.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Hm, that is a bit odd looking I admit, with a little yellowing. It hasn't spread yet, right?
Definitely start the honey as soon as you can to help. Has it completely healed over now & isn't raw?
If so, it would be safe to put some lamisil or monistat cream on the area to be proactive in case it is yellow fungus or some other fungal issues.

Tracie

cfjustin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":mt5ntbid said:
Hello,

Hm, that is a bit odd looking I admit, with a little yellowing. It hasn't spread yet, right?
Definitely start the honey as soon as you can to help. Has it completely healed over now & isn't raw?
If so, it would be safe to put some lamisil or monistat cream on the area to be proactive in case it is yellow fungus or some other fungal issues.

Tracie

Hasnt spread at all.
It is healed over, its not raw at all. I just see yellowing coming back which is odd, would YF come back at same place and not spread? I'm just confused on why its there again :( Im scared

cfjustin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":skfnhch2 said:
Hello,

Tracie

Update 5/30/14

Checked her this morning, yellow has spread to her neck area. My heart has dropped. I dont know what to do... Please help me.

sammmycakes

Hatchling Member
Start using a monistat or lamisial antifungal cream topically right away, keep her out of the water, and take her to the vet :(

I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is, trust me. But I have a success story out of yellow fungus so there is hope for sure.

cfjustin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
sammmycakes":2hfq6hxo said:
Start using a monistat or lamisial antifungal cream topically right away, keep her out of the water, and take her to the vet :(

I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is, trust me. But I have a success story out of yellow fungus so there is hope for sure.

Keep her out of water? No more betadine bathes? The vet completely knows nothing what he's talking about. He literally said and UC Davis said aswell that it wasnt YF..

sammmycakes

Hatchling Member
From what my vet told me when Pixel was first diagnosed was the fungus LOVES the water. That will just keep it growing. Keeping her as dry as possible is the best way to go, it was for me anyways. Perhaps Tracie can make a comment about that since she helped me a lot when Pixel was going through this.

I think you need to find a good vet, even posting on here asking if anyone in your area has a good vet. Mine was amazing. The medicine I used was called voriconazole which they told me was the best possible thing for treating it. I think you will have a good chance since you've only noticed the two spots so far.

This is Pixels belly at the time we started treatment...

Heres some of my forrums I got some good responses too when I went through this:
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=204750
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=204166

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sammycakes has great advice....I've also heard the info about no bathing. But again, I'm not sure that's Y.F. on the leg or just healing + a tiny bit of pus. And can you get a few more pics of her neck ? Is the other side of the neck different ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
verzx
Top Bottom