Possible Yellow fungus - nevermind it was yogurt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Hi sorry to bother everyone but I noticed some orange-ish spots on Sheila's chin this morning and I wanted to know if I should worry or not.
chin.jpg

Went to the store and picked up tea tree oil and lamisil (couldn't find betadine so i'll have to look elsewhere for that) not sure if I should start treatment just wanted to be prepared.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
From the picture it seems to be normal coloring. As young beardies grow and shed their colors start to emerge more.
I don't believe it is a fungus, but to be on the safe side, keep an eye on it and if the spots start to change in color you can post another pic for us to look at.

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
gulfbrzdawn":32d54d6u said:
From the picture it seems to be normal coloring. As young beardies grow and shed their colors start to emerge more.
I don't believe it is a fungus, but to be on the safe side, keep an eye on it and if the spots start to change in color you can post another pic for us to look at.
Okay thank you very much, I'll definitely keep an eye on it and update if it gets worse.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Chrismcnicholas":2mgjiffp said:
gulfbrzdawn":2mgjiffp said:
Okay thank you very much, I'll definitely keep an eye on it and update if it gets worse.
Hey man, you don't get off that easy :D Please update with any changes :wink:

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Boy is there egg on my face...apparently when the little goober was eating her yogurt the other day some missed her mouth...guess what color the yogurt is. Long story short I took a q-tip to her chin gently and she's looking good as new. Feeling stupid but so much better.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Chrismcnicholas":ma7xm4uv said:
Boy is there egg on my face...apparently when the little goober was eating her yogurt the other day some missed her mouth...guess what color the yogurt is. Long story short I took a q-tip to her chin gently and she's looking good as new. Feeling stupid but so much better.
Hey but you are more educated on the subject as well as I am too. This is good news not to be mistaken as feeling stupid. Anything that can teach us and educate us better is something we want involved in even if it turns out as being over worried about your dragon. All of are in the first place. :D
One other thing I found that educated me more, personally, cause I know a lot of other probably already know about it but, hey it is new to me.
http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/home.html
There are pictures in there under the "yellow fungus disease" too. Plus how they treated it. :study:

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Well I am certainly glad to hear it was just yogurt, LOL. Was it peach flavored by any chance? :roll: :lol:
Don't worry about the egg on your face, we have all worn it a time or two ourselves. :wink:

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
gulfbrzdawn":2kax44hh said:
Well I am certainly glad to hear it was just yogurt, LOL. Was it peach flavored by any chance? :roll: :lol:
Don't worry about the egg on your face, we have all worn it a time or two ourselves. :wink:
It was strawberry lol! I'm just so relieved she doesn't have something else to deal with as she's still getting over her pinworms. Thank you guys again for the information and help because like beardednoob said I'm now more educated on the subject and have the supplies to deal with it if it ever does come up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom