Possible to overfeed baby beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizardmom25

Hatchling Member
My new baby beardie Gimli is doing really well. Very active, eating literally everything I put in front of him, and pooping well. I am giving him about 30 dubia in the morning and 30 at night. He is 8/12 inches long and 24g. I am feeding 1/4” Dubai ordered from dubia deli. Should I be giving him more or is it possible to over feed him? I ha e thought about going up a size on feeders, but on space between his eyes I think the 1/2” roaches might be too big. What do you guys think?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
At that age/size I'd let him eat as many as he wants. He needs the protein to support growth spurts. As his growth slows his appetite will decline and he should start eating less protein and more veges but that's still a bit down the road (usually 12-18 months). Gutload your roaches with fresh veges (greens, squash, other kitchen veg scraps etc). so they are well hydrated and healthy.

I'd be careful with the larger roaches. Don't move to them too quickly but if he is able to grab them and chew them up easily they shouldn't pose much problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom