Possible Pygmy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReptileGuardian

Hatchling Member
Okay so Krayt is now just about 3 months old. He eats regularly a variety of things. He eats pumpkin, Repti-Worms and Juvie Dubais. He still is the size of when we first got him, maybe a tiny bit bigger. But the only noticeable things about him that have changed is his face and his stomach. His face is more matured like a full grown beardie, having the triangular head while the eyes are behind his nostrils. So he's starting to look like a full grown beardie, except for his length that is. Is it possible that he has some rare genetic flaw causing him to not get any length but get the adult features? Please let me know what everyone thinks about this.

Gail

BD.org Addict
I've never seen a pygmy beardie. My guess is yours is just a slow grower, as long as you keep feeding him well, he should continue to grow for you. I'd suggest you start measuring him once a week to better keep track of what is going on with him, weigh him too if you have the means.

alenke

My beardie Carlos is about about 13 inches at almost a year and a half old. Ive taken her to the vet numerous times and says she is healthy as can be. I was worried because I read about everyone else's huge beardie's. She eats normally and has a very mature looking head so I just assume that she has stopped growing. The only thing that is growing is her weight :eek: but that's probably because she's spoiled :)

bhigginsjr88

Hatchling Member
If its a dwarf/pygmy you would be able to tell as soon as it hatched. They have normal head size but their bodies are very short and wide. Their tails are usually longer than normal.

ReptileGuardian

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well the UVB lights are Zilla T5 Desert style. Well I don't think the UVB light is stunting growth because my other one Toruk is growing just fine and eats MORE then Krayt does...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom