Possible problems with my beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYDragon

Hatchling Member
Hi! I thought Libby had possibly gone into brumation. She has slowed down a lot in the last two months. She hasn't been eating much and seems to be sleeping most of the time. I do pick her up and put her on her basking spot every morning but she's usually back in her den when I get back from work. She probably poos about once a week. She has started to turn darker colors too. It seems she's darker all the time now where before it was once in awhile. I changed her mvb to a megaray about a month ago. I have another regular house bulb next to that. But she keeps the the eye farthest from the supplement bulb closed most of the time now. I'm just worried that I'm assuming its brumation when it could be something else since her color is getting darker and she had a blackish tint throughout her beard today. She wouldn't even look at her worms today either. When I took her out she was swallowing a lot too. She did finally poo today and it wasn't formed really well. Kind of chunky and lots of water. Her tummy still feels bloated and round but no hard lumps. I just don't want to overlook something that could be wrong.

Here's my set up
4-5 year old female
75 gallon tank
Megaray 160w
60 regular bulb next to the megaray and a 100w on the cool side
105 on basking spot
possibly 80 on the cool side but i can't remember off hand
Measure with digital probe and temp gun
Tile substrate
Has 1-2 salads of collards, mustards and turnip greens with squash and sometimes blueberries - when she was eating
A few crickets or supers per day - when she eating
Dust 2-3 times a week with calcium and once with multivitamins
Bathe 1-2 times a week

If I missed something , let me know. Thanks so much!

Erin

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Has she ever brumated before? It is odd for them to start brumating later in life, if they don't their first couple of years. Either way, you do need to take a fecal sample to the vet. If she did have parasites, they could do a lot of damage during brumation. The black beard concerns me too. This can be a sign of pain. I know in humans, a bloated belly can be a sign of parasites, so I would definitely get a fecal to the vet as soon as you can. Best of luck and keep me updated.

NYDragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks! I think I will take a sample in as soon as she goes again. Today she got off her basking rock, black bearded and then ate some blueberries and then I threw some supers in that she ate. The dark color and black beard are just strange. I got her this year so I don't know if she ever brumated before. Quite frustrating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom