Possible parasites? (everything is fine now, as of mid sept)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaskotch

Juvie Member
note to self, don't admit you're in the sixth grade.
and lose the chip. you might just learn something.
'nuff said! good luck!

Sheena

Beardies don't ever come together because they are solitary animals!

They only come together to mate or fight off other males from their territory. They aren't communal animals. If you separated them I just know you would see an improvement ^_^

Lpsouth1978

Hatchling Member
mazais":h6sy90g9 said:
And, I'm only in 6th grade....

I understand that you are young and love your beardies, but the people on this site are not trying to be mean to you. They are trying to help you keep happy and healthy dragons. There are A LOT of reasons that you should NOT keep your dragons in the same enclosure. I will not discuss them since that has been covered all ready. Just know that IF you continue to keep them in the same enclosure, eventually one (or both) will be injured or killed. Also, I assume that these are brother and sister? If so, that will not stop them from mating either. That means A LOT of eggs and young dragons to care for. Trust me that alone will cost your Dad WAY more than $400. Unless, of course you, are irresponsible with the eggs as well.

As for the red bulb, that may be part of the reason your beardies seem somewhat lethargic and sleep periodically during the day. They require bright, white light to stimulate them to wake and act normally throughout the day. The red bulb will stimulate them to inactivity, lowered appetite, and stress.

And their size? Well, lets just say that they are about the same size as my 5 month old beardie. That alone says that there are problems with how they are being kept. Your dragons don't have to have all of their tails for someone to see that they are lacking something in their care.

I truly hope that your dragons live long, happy, and healthy lives with you, though I fear that in their current situation that is not likely.

Good Luck to you! I mean that sincerely.

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
I'm pretty sure the reason that not many people are responding is because we TRY very hard to stick to the topic of your post. Many probably want to talk more about the living situation than your beardies' eating habits. Also, just saw that you're in 6th grade with 2 adult bearded dragons...and your parents aren't willing to help you properly care for them? Were they a gift? I'm sorry...straying from original topic:

Glad to hear there are no parasites!

I don't fully understand the night time warm side being 90...did I read that correct? They actually need appropriate cool down to sleep correctly. Almost shut down a bit overnight.

Also, are you feeding appropriate greens? Didn't sound it to me...and I may be wrong. It happens. I do know that at a year old they can/will/might brumate...my boy is 6 months and he's "slowing down" but not quite ready for brumation this early. With the change in season, you should expect a "slow down" if not brumation. Though, brumation can take place at any time...slow down is here, now.

Anyway, good luck. Keep us posted.

mazais

Original Poster
Good news, Mazais is eating insects again! She still isn't eating greens by herself, but she's showing improvements! :D :D :D

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
FYI beardies do not snuggle and why are the still together? Also why do you still have the red light? Good thing you came on here for advice and followed it :shock:

mazais

Original Poster
They aren't together, I separated them just in case. But, they where just in the tank together for a few minutes. The red light is just for the evenings! They do have a UVB light, and a white household bulb, too. :mrgreen:

Lpsouth1978

Hatchling Member
You still need to get rid of the red light. Even a small amount of light, be it white, red, or any other color, will disrupt the sleep of you dragons. Unless your home gets below 50 degrees at night you don't need a heat source. If it does get below that, use a ceramic heat emiter. They produce heat without any light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom