Possible mouth rot?

Brandon223

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Sunrise
Thank you, when ever she feels better i will post some pictures of her when she's a bright yellow with her blue stripes.

Brandon223

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Sunrise
Could she maybe have parasites from the superworms or dubias she ate? Maybe that's why she was lethargic? Even though she's not really lethargic now she still stays on her basking spot all day and doesn't eat.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is Sunrise doing today, any improvements at all? I'm sure that her gums hurt a bit. I think that she must have gotten a little bite somehow from one of the insects. This does happen but it should hopefully clear up soon.
She is definitely a beautiful girl!

Tracie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Could she maybe have parasites from the superworms or dubias she ate? Maybe that's why she was lethargic? Even though she's not really lethargic now she still stays on her basking spot all day and doesn't eat.
It could be that she's not too hungry or that the Betadine you put her mouth caused a little upset tummy. Parasites can be present in any dragon , some lose their appetites + become lethargic , others don't.

Brandon223

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Sunrise
She was lethargic and didn't have a appetite the day before i gave her Betadine. And her poop looks fine and has been pooping every day.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I would consider giving some probiotics to help out her tummy right now, if she hasn't had much of an appetite.
How is she doing today?

Tracie

Brandon223

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Sunrise
She's still the same she was a little under weight before i fed her probably from brumation. But she was eating regularly before i gave her the insects. But now she's more under weight. She was eating green every day or every other day before i fed her the insects.

Brandon223

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Sunrise
She went to the vet to day and they said she was severely dehydrated and deficient in calcium. They gave her a Intracoelomic injection and she tested negative for parasites. They are not sure if she has mouth rot and didn't do any blood test because she was dehydrated. They gave me some Baytril for me to give her every day for about a week. If she doesn't eat her greens they said i can put some in a blender and syringe feed her. She can have insects and i gave her some today. She did eat some greens to day but not a lot. I need to get her some critical care omnivore formula which should help her get some more nutrients. They said if she doesn't improve then i should take her back to the vet on Monday. And if she does improve then i should take her back a week from now, to check on her and probably do some blood test. This is what she looks like right now. I will keep everyone updated.

Attachments

• DSC07642.JPG
    DSC07642.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC07644.JPG
    DSC07644.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC07645.JPG
    DSC07645.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC07647.JPG
    DSC07647.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC07643.JPG
    DSC07643.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 26

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's great she didn't have parasites. Did he give her a liquid calcium to take home? I would
recommend giving oral fluids daily if possible to help out. Her pads look depressed so focus on
hydration. Why was the Baytril given, did the vet suspect an infection?
You can definitely mix up or blend up some greens for nutrition & hydration if she wont eat greens
on her own.
The critical care/omnivore care is good so you can give that daily also. Be sure it isn't too thick so
she doesn't choke on it.
Keep us posted on Sunrise!

Tracie

Brandon223

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Sunrise
Update, Sunrise has been doing much better since i last posted. She has been eating regularly and her behavior has been normal. She still has the little lump on her mouth and hasn't really gained weight. I don't know if she's not really gaining weight because her metabolism is fast because she's basking most of the time. And i don't think she's dehydrated because she eats her greens that are usually wet. She had some bloody urate today i made a separate post for that if anyone wants to check it out. https://www.beardeddragon.org/threads/bloody-urate.269072/

Last edited:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is terrific Sunrise is doing a lot better now! I'm
glad to hear she is eating well too. Has the lump on
her mouth gotten any better?
Keep working with her to try & get her to gain some
weight back. Are you syringe feeding right now?
I'm happy she is eating her greens! I hope she continues to improve for you.
Keep us posted on her progress!

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom