Possible Burmation? Possibly sick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTWalker

I've already had one of my dragons burmate, however she did it from November to February. From what I read that's pretty normal.

However, my other dragon is acting a bit off. She's usually very personable and friendly, loves to show her personality. Lately she's been staying towards the cold end, very foul smelling feces, acting sad and lethargic, and has been on and off food. I took her to the vet with a stool sample and it was confirmed that she had two types of coccidia in her stool. She was given meds and I've given them to the T of how I was told to. She started to act a bit better but now she's acting like my other one when she went into burmation.

She's digging at her carpet and trying to sleep under it. She will eat and use the bathroom regularly but she would rather be on the cold end and will only eat crickets and the occasional fruit treat. No greens. Should I stop feeding and see if she's going into burmation? I feel like she is, but with the sudden illness and then this I'm worried that she may die halfway through or not wake up again.

Any and all input would be appreciated.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....is she losing weight or looking thin ? It may be that she's doing a late " partial brumation" where they become somewhat inactive but not totally go to sleep. With adult females you also want to think about the possibility that she might be looking to lay eggs. And sometimes it's simply a phase that both sexes of beardies go through. At any rate, it's not unusual behavior and probably not dangerous at all. Can you post a few pics of her as well as your set up ?

CTWalker

Original Poster
She's not looking thin. She's usually very chubby actually but looks normal now. She's hydrated and doesn't have anything else wrong with her according to the vet (they ran tests for worms, ect). I'll get some pics real fast.

CTWalker

Original Poster
IMG_4560_zpsmuugfoea.jpg

40 gallon breeder. New UVB bulb and basking bulb. Temp is 93+ on the warm side and about 80 on the cold side. She's on newspaper right now because of the high amounts of coccidia. Usually she has a large log to bask on as well, but it's being frozen to kill anything that may be on it.

IMG_4561_zpsjvqtbvfo.jpg

Dante. She's about 8 months old.

IMG_4563_zpspo6o62xo.jpg

She's flattened herself out a bit.

IMG_4564_zpsq3gs65lt.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She sure is pretty . :) Looks like a picture of health. Right now she is probably feeling a bit lost in her new set up....it's almost like going to a new home and she is trying to hide or find a way out. It might also be the stress from having been given meds., or a combination of both. Keep feeding her, and you might also get the basking area up to at least 100 F. If you can give her something to climb on she might feel more at home.

CTWalker

Original Poster
She's been in this enclosure since she was 3 months old. I don't know what's going on but she keeps digging and shredding the paper/hiding under it. I'm going to try putting her log back in when it warms up and hopefully she will be a happy lizard. It's just not like her to eat greens, she usually loves them, especially when I hand feed them to her but she's been doing nothing with them lately :(

And thanks for the compliment. She's a pretty girl and she knows it XD

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I didn't mean that she was in a new tank, just that sometimes when you take things out or change things drastically they can feel like it's a new place. But like I mentioned, it may just be a phase. Putting her log back in might make her happy or she might continue being antsy. Keep offering greens, even add new ones....I always use turnip, mustard, collard and dandelion greens and some squash as well. Clover from my yard in the summer, too. What type of UVB bulb do you have ? Is it a coil or compact in the deep dome ? Those don't always provide the right amount of UVB, so be aware of that. But yes, she does look good + healthy....keep up with all feeding as usual with plenty of live food.

CTWalker

Original Poster
It's a full size UVB bulb. Since she almost always would chill out under Her basking bulb I wasn't really concerned with if she was being exposed to it or not. If I have to I can put a UVB tube light on her cage but I don't know if that's the issue. I feed mustard, turnip, and collard greens. Occasional fruits as a treat like strawberries or bananas, just a few bites, they have a sweet tooth. I'm thinking of switching to Dubia roaches too.

Frostbite

Hello, I am not sure if my bearded dragon (named Yoda) is in the process of burmation or not. My bearded dragon sleeps for the whole entire day and rarely eats anything. This is out of topic, but I am also concerned about my bearded dragons color. Yoda compared to other bearded dragons is much darker in color. I do not know if that is an issue or not. This is Yoda possibly in burmation
83435-8003410259.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom