Possible Burmation or other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgoogls

Hatchling Member
Hey guys. I havent been on here in SOOOOOOOOOO long. good to be back and hopefully posting more frequently. Just n=been so busy with the new school year and my new addition(its my parrot incase anyone was wondering). well anyways. Phoenix was trained very well to drink when i dripped water through the top of his cage from his spray bottle. I would do that a few times a day to keep him well hydrated and everything was great.I didnt even have to open his cage to spray. Just to take him out, feed him, refill water dish(that he nevr uses lol) and give greens. But for the past week or so, he hasnt been drinking.(maybe only once or twice) He is also refusing almost all greens except on ocasion. He still is eating fair amount of crix. His activity level has gone down too. He turned a year in August so he is almost a year and a half. Thats old enough for Brumation, right? I thought it might be that since it is getting close to winter, well acually pretty much in the beginning of winter months. Also around where i live it is getting cold already. The temps at night are at around 65 in his cage. hope it doesnt go much lower. I dont want to buy extra heat for the night :D haha. last year it didnt go much lower than that so hopefully it wont this year. But anyways, do you think it is brumation or something else?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi MrG.....yes, it sounds like brumation. Your cool temp. is fine, mine always sleep at temps. below 70, they are totally fine with it as long as they are not ill or very thin at the time.

mrgoogls

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
yeah i knew the night temps were good. he is definatly not thin! haha. the only thing with brumation is i though for one, they didnt eat at all and he still is eating crix like crazy. and two, they hide all day. Phoenix still basks and then moves to the cool side. he is sleep while basking sometimes though and doesnt just randomly run around for fun. just moves to change temp. but i thought they went in their hides.

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
Sometimes they'll just nap all over the place for a few weeks before finally settling down and going in their hides. That's what my big guy did anyways. :) And I got a nasty glare if I woke him up from one of those naps, lol.

mrgoogls

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
yeah, i know what you mean. in his bath yesterday since h wont drink from the bottle i put him in for hydration and because he was dehydrated he wasnt pooping for a few days.(he did poop. dont worry haha) i got a hiss or two when i rubbed his stomach to make him poop. okay guys. thanks a lot. hopefully he will settle into brumation peacefully and for the first time ever even poke his head into one of his hides.(he has never even stuck a foot in one since i got him last year). i even just bought new bigger ones since he could barly fit into the others anymore(by looking and guessing since he wont go in) and i spent like 50$. so if he uses them even once it will be worth it. sorry if i sounded impatient. i am going on vacatin and my little bro/mom are watching him. just wanted to make sure nothing as wrong before i left. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harobuilt
Top Bottom