poss mbd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

So, how much does he weigh? That is a strong solution, at 10%, most likely a 100mg/ml solution.
I am sure that he is dehydrated then, I would try to get 4-6mls of oral fluids into him daily to get his hydration status up. Let me know how he is doing.

Tracie

sidneysix

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i wieghed him monday and he was still 225 grams so he hasn't lost weight but itsnt putting any on. He is only 14 inches long.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Any updates for us today, has he eaten anything?
I hope he is feeling better.

Tracie

sidneysix

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
well today is med day so this morning before work i left him with a small salad which im hoping he will eat before i get home from wrk to give him his medication. I also got 3mls of fluid (water and avipro mix) into him this morning. He was fairly awake wen i left soaking up the heat.

sidneysix

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i came home this evening to find everything untouched he hasnt eaten at all, im quite concerned i had to give him another 2ml meds today which i did but i didnt really want to as he hadnt eaten. im going to get in touch with my vets i really dont no how im going to get him to eat, he refuses syring feeding, ignores locust im not allowed to give him morio worms. i dont want to loose him but i feel he is slowly starving himself. he seems fairly active not really lethargic though he doesnt do too much. he is still alert so im keeping my hopes up that we are getting somewhere very slowly though the biggest step is getting him to eat!! :(

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Are you sure that you should be giving him that much of the medication? That does not sound right to me, it sounds like it is way too much especially at that concentration.
You will need to assist feed him right now if he is not eating on his own so he gets some nourishment.
Let us know how he is doing. Continue to get oral fluids into him, as well.

Tracie

sidneysix

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
yes he has his last dose yesterday, im now waiting 2 weeks to thn collect a poo sample to get examined for any parasites and going from there, he had a very watery poop this morining with also a lump of wat looked like undigsted mashy food. i try to give him baby food but he refuses it. can i water the baby food down a bit more?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great, so that was his last dose then I am glad. How is he doing today?
How watery is the baby food that you are giving him right now? Is he eating anything on his own, at all, or just the baby food right now?
A lot of times following medication rounds, they have digestive issues which last for several weeks.
Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

sidneysix

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
the baby food hasn't been watered down yet, it is a smoth pureer, chicken flavour we managed to get a ml into him last night. Its a start. 2ml was his last medicated dose. It won't eat any locust and eats an occasional bit of veg but its been a good 2-3 days of him not eating on his own.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh ok, you can definitely water the baby food down some then since it is being given straight. It may be a few days or a little longer to where he will eat on his own. Medications can really decrease their appetites. At least he is getting some food into him though. I hope he is feeling better soon.
Are you giving probiotics too?

Tracie

sidneysix

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
yes he is getting avipro for probitotics. I will try watering the baby food down i think he will take more of it being more liquid form

sidneysix

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
not much joy at the moment he is still in his strange state, barely eating but is to my suprise still alive, he hasnt appeared to lost too much weight but i can see it appears tht he is slowing down in himself i got him to eat a waxworm, the pooing is terrible he just doesnt go, i suppose because he isnt eating. im going to have to continue force feeding its quite stressful but is the only way i am going to see improvements i think. vet visit soon for check up.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great you are using a probiotic for him, hopefully that will help him out. At least he doesn't appear to be losing any weight right now. Is he finished with his medications now?
The medications will usually change the consistency of their stools, so that is probably what is going on with that, causing some constipation issues. Just try to get more oral fluids into him if you can.
Is he not getting any liquid calcium right now?

Tracie

sidneysix

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
the baby feeding hasnt helped at all he is very stubborn and refuses to take it, its stressing him out terribly aswell as his parents! he is in a pretty slow state he is very lethargic. i have ordered some morio worms which is against the vets wishes however he isnt eating a thing and i no he will eat these! i have no liquid calcium, can i purchase this? and dose it up for him on weight?
my bf says he would rather feed him morio worms (even if they are slightly fatty) thn him starving to death.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am sorry that you are having so much trouble getting him to eat. Are you dripping it onto his nose so he can lick it off? Or using a syringe?
Did the vet diagnose him with metabolic bone disease? If so, I am very surprised he did not prescribe any liquid calcium for you. You can purchase it online, yes. I will send you a link.
Did he eat any superworms for you?
Is he losing any weight right now, or is he maintaining his weight pretty well?

I hope that he gets to feeling better soon!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
617781l
Top Bottom