Pooping While Sleeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Hello All:

I hope everyone is doing well! It's been a while since I've been on. I do have a question/concern. Maybe a concern because my Tampico has never done this before, but it could be common. Within the past few weeks she's gone to the bathroom while sleeping. And they're pretty gross poos. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone and if they can give an insight. If a trip to the vet is warranted. Just want to make sure my little girl is okay.

Thanks for anyone's anticipated response.

Vanessa ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, that usually is not normal. Even though she is sleeping, does she move away or is she
still laying there?
Is her beard black? I would consider getting a fecal done on her, to be sure she doesn't have
a heavy load of worms or parasites. What kind of diet does she have currently?

Tracie

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hi Tracie,

It looks like she moves away from it. Her beard was black once, but as soon as she pooped, she was all bright and orange again. I'm not sure about the second time because I wasn't in the room when it happened. I was considering taking her to the vet to get a check up, but wanted to come here first.

As for her diet, she gets a small amount of dubia and bsfl a few times a week, but mostly greens with squash.

Thanks for the response, Tracie!

Vanessa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom