Pooping issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've Had issues with my Beardie eatting his Veggies the only thing he seems to like is Cucumbers and I wait every other day or two before giving him any he doesnt seem to like his fresh Parsley or his mustard greens anymore since he had the privilege of eatting Cucumbers the reason I wait ever so often to give him some is because it seems every time he eats his cucumbers he gets the poops really bad and when I ease him off of it for a couple days his poops are back to normal I try other veggies to see if he will eat them but he simply wont unless they are cucumbers....does anyone have any advice on what I can do with this situation please.

w0554096

Juvie Member
Young beardies typically don't show much interest in their veggies. Cuccumber is mostly water and nutritionally doesn't offer much for them. Like lettuce, it tends to give them diarhea.
I would reccomend you stop feeding cuccumber to him, or feed very little of it. Leave his salads in his tank daily, so he has the option of eating it if he want some, though as I've mentioned young dragons usually aren't too interested.
How many feeders does he get daily?

FlowerChile88

Original Poster
Yes he eats crickets and very rarely a couple of small meal worms......I usually put Fresh Parsley and Collard Greens with the Cucumbers but he ignores them but I will stop with the cucumber.....he eats about 15 sometimes a lil more crickets per day I usually feed him around 5 more more depending on the size 3 times a day hes still eatting the smaller ones I am about to upgrade him to the lg crickets I asked the lady for small ones and she gave them to me with like 2 lg by accident and he ate them w.o any problem he is a very hungry lil guy

speedyfuzzball

Hatchling Member
Hello, I just wanted to say that your beardie shouldn't be eating mealworms especially if he's young. They aren't very nutritious and may cause impaction! I know you said you rarely feed him mealworms but it'd probably be best just to stick with appropriately sized crickets =]

w0554096

Juvie Member
15 crickets isn't really much for a growing beardie. Are you feeding him as much as he can eat in 10-15 minutes, or cutting him off at 15?

FlowerChile88

Original Poster
I counted today how many I fed him in his tank I put about 9 in there with him so I guess its about 9 3 times a day so about 27 or so crickets a day he is eating.

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
You should put more in! Let him eat until he stops or 15 minutes is up. You should do this twice a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom