Poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronzie

Hatchling Member
I want to talk about poop. :shock:

I've saw a couple of posts talking about beardies poop habbits. Some only or prefer to poop in a certain area.
I just expected that they go when they have to wherever they are at that time.
Since I'm home alot, and the enclosure is in the office, I planned on cleaning it up throughout the day.

Do they prefer to go in certain areas?

studmule

Each beardie is unique. Some like to poop in the same place all the time, some go wherever. Many will also go in the bath, if you give them baths.

FJM

Hatchling Member
Mine will get down off of her basking spot to poop so i line that area with newspapers.

My girl poops in the bath, cause I give her one every day when I get home from work... Which is handy cause that means I don't have to be on poop patrol for her cage! However apparently she gets impatient if I don't give her one right away because she'll also poo in her salad bowl if it's empty, haha.

Sapphire

Sub-Adult Member
I've only had my beardie for about four and a half days, but he's pooped in exactly the same place every day. I like this.

kimmie

Sub-Adult Member
I'm always amazed at some of the discussions pet owners have, POOP being one of them! LOL

I also have only had Angus for 3 1/2 days and ...unfortunately, he is not shy about where he poops, he is a POOPER and goes everywhere. I sure hope he changes and picks a spot! I'm just happy he's pooping, especially after our first 1 1/2 days of mealworm diet! :shock: It's crickets now (and veggies).

I've noticed parents of young children and pet owners are alike... It's not uncommon to hear "Yeah, and his poop was really runny, so I'm a little worried he might be sick" and things of the such, lol...

Ronzie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm hoping the little guy will go in one area and I can put down some newspaper there..

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Once a beardie is about 6 months old they usually only poo once a day which makes potty training REALLY easy. As one of the above posts said, most beardies will go in the tub. So if you give them a bath at the same time every day they will wait to go in the tub. I give mine a bath every morning and she has not pooed in her viv for a year now :D No poo to clean = happy slave! Now if I could just get my tegu bath trained... She prefers the newspaper, especially if you haven't had the chance to read it yet. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anastasiacolson
Top Bottom