Poop problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmc3213

Ok, so I have a year old beardie. I just moved from Florida to Ohio, we drove. I have him in a 30 gallon tank I think with a 100 watt power sun light on top of the screen. One log in there for him to hide under and another small one for him to hold on to under the light. Ever since we got here, about two days now, we keep finding this white liquid that he poops out. But, there is no poop. I saw him try to poop today and where he poops from looks sort of red. He also look liked he was struggling to poop. He has been on parasite medicine for a while now. Apparently we can't get rid of them, so now we treat him with flagyl and pancur once a month. I'm so worried about him. We are feeding him carrots and meal and super worms. What can I do to help him?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....can you post a pic of the dragon, and also the set up ? Are you sure he's in a 30, or is it a 40 gallon ? Can you measure the temps ? A 100 watt Powersun may be a bit hot, but if your house is very cool, then it may be fine. Anyway, I wonder if your little guy is dehydrated and/or impacted. Do you bathe him or offer water in any other way ? If not, he needs daily soaks , about 2" deep, and try dripping water on his snout to encourage drinking. Also, there is a chart on a site called beautfuldragons that will give you a better idea on diet....you should offer more leafy greens like turnip, mustard, collard, dandelion. These are highly nutritious, and you can just offer shredded carrot occasionally. Also, try some crickets or dubia along with the superworms. If he can't poo, try some olive oil, applesauce, or canned pumpkin to help him go. The constant medications are going to affect his system, he really needs a break from them. It's better to have a certain amount of parasites than to give harsh meds. month after month. If you haven't already, try some probiotics[ like Acidophiliz,or benebac] to encourage growth of good gut flora that the medicines destroy. Hopefully he will be feeling better soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold3231
Top Bottom