Poop okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had spyro for about a month now and his poop started changing a week or so ago. The urate seems runny and discolored. It's kind of like an orange color. The feces is solid and looks normal. The urate is mostly solid but somewhat runny and has an orange color to it. Is there something deeply wrong or is it just something that will pass? He has been hiding more often too. I noticed that this kind of started around the time I started giving him reptiworms. Thanks.

MsCarter

Juvie Member
Usually when the urate is runny it just simply means he had extra moisture which is not a bad thing. A slight orangeish/rusty tint from time to time is nothing to be too alarmed about.
How much calcium are you giving him weekly?
Hydration and calcium are the two biggest things that can impact urates. Certain foods can alter the color as well, for example when my beardie eats strawberries her next few urates have a pink tint to them

bossnoss31

Original Poster
I don't dust the reptiworms because they say on their website that they're already packed with nutrients and calcium. I was thinking that he could be eating too many reptiworms (which are brand name Phoenix worms) and taking in too much calcium from that. I'm going to switch him back to crickets and see what happens.

MsCarter

Juvie Member
Black solider fly larvae are amazing feeders. They are one of the only feeders I set no limits on and allowed my dragon to eat as much as she wants at a time. Don't worry about over doing it with them, if your not dusting them than he should be just fine. It's mainly when you dust using D3 when you can potentially over load them with calcium.

I would mix other feeders into his diet though, variety is always a good thing. The next time he poops and his urate looks abnormal to you if you would like you can post a picture of it. We would be glad to take a look if it would make you feel better and give you our thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom