Poop= mainly urate. Pics included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skipper7

Juvie Member
Hello all,

Skipper has been a very happy girl recently and turn eight tomorrow! She loves her new ubby bed and has regained her love of greens in the last few months. She generally has a nice sized poop every 2-4 days. However, her poop today was very odd-looking. It is more than half urate. Any ideas on what this could mean or what is going on? I will attach a picture below.

She has been laying around and been lazier than usual the last few days, but I just attributed it to colder weather and her shedding. She eats mustard/turnip/collared greens twice a day, everyday. She hasn't gotten crickets yet this week because I ran out and am planning on getting roaches instead (will be going to the store tonight or tomorrow). Temps are the same as they always have been, as is the humidity.

The only thing I can think of is that she got calcium on her greens yesterday. I do either a pinch on the veggies or dusted crickets 2-3 times a week.

89112-6924184076.jpg

EDIT: Forgot to mention she had bloodwork done two months ago and everything was on target besides high calcium levels. Hence, alternating calcium 2 times one week and 3 the next as opposed to 3 and 4. Vets orders,

Thanks in advance.

-Patrick

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Doubtful this is anything to worry about. Urates are basically byproducts of protein assimilation, its kind of like reptile urine.

Skipper7

Juvie Member
Original Poster
That's what confused me... she hasn't gotten bugs recently. Thanks for the reassurance, I appreciate it.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Has the dragon lost any weight? I suppose it might be possible for the breakdown of muscle tissue to cause an increase in urates. But that's just speculation on my part. But I seriously doubt that is the problem. Probably left over urates that didn't get processed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom