poop is red! please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micky92

i have been working a lot lately, and havent been able to fully monitor my beardies behavior but from what I've been seeing he is acting normal. i got up this morning and found his poop was red.
the pet store has been out of crickets, the order i placed from fluckers ( where i normally buy his live food) should arrive any day. in the meantime i bought some bearded dragon pellets to hold him down temporarily until his crickets arrive.

even bought him a few roaches as treats. Oppie is approximately 5 months old.very cheerful looking, very curious and likes to come up to the glass and see me.
he has water on hand and 3 lights in his cage. one is a 150w uva basking bulb placed above his climbing sticks. the second is in the center it is a florescent uvb bulb the extends most of his cage. the third is a standard 75w house bulb for the cool side of his cage, were the food and water bowels are. the basking area, between time of day is between 95-108 degrees Fahrenheit. the cool side ranging from 75-85 degrees Fahrenheit. the tank is a 40 gallon breeder. ask if any additional info is required. thank you in advance for your help.

Gail

BD.org Addict
The poo is red from the dye in the pellets, nothing to worry about. It will go back to normal if you stop the pellets.

Micky92

Original Poster
i sure hope you are correct, the crickets just came in today. ill give it a day, i cleaned out his cage well so when he has another bowel movement it will be easy to see.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, that is a pretty common occurrence when feeding pellets. That should be the culprit, but, since you are starting him on crickets now just let us know how things are looking.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rollerboy
Top Bottom