Ponazuril overdose help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kabarrera14

My brearded dragon is being treated for parasites with ponazuril. She is supposed to get .14ml everyday for 28 days. I apparently can't read and thought it said 1.4ml. So ended up giving her .8ml before i realized my huge mistake. She is 6 months old and 308grams. Did i just kill my dragon by overdosing her?
She's my first one, so im still learning as i go.

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
Oh dear, I would call your vet asap on this. Ponazuril is not that harsh but that is a rather large overdose.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yes do give the vet a call. I would stop with the meds at the moment too. At first I would have offered some activated charcoal to prevent some of the meds from being absorbed but by now the best bet might be to offer plenty of water to help flush it through the system. I'd double check with your vet first though.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I would try to get some activated charcoal, or get some parsley, cilantro, basil, oregano & mint
& mix it together to help detox her system also.
Let us know how she is doing!

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Any updates on your dragon for us? I am hoping she is doing alright.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshG88
Top Bottom