pneumonia

DracaDragon

Original Poster
Hi. My 10 month old beardie draca has recently been diagnosed with pneumonia on 7/19. I am in charge of giving antibiotics every 3 days for 6 weeks. She has been given 3 doses so far. She now has her humidty at 35-40 and her temp at 100 on basking side. She has been eating but it's always varying. one meal she eats aton and the next she's not as interested but does eventually eat. she isn't super active but does move around just not as much as i would like to see. Does anyone know at all how to help her move along in getting better. She also refuses greens but this isn't new. Are they supposed to get better slowly? i don't get it..

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi. My 10 month old beardie draca has recently been diagnosed with pneumonia on 7/19. I am in charge of giving antibiotics every 3 days for 6 weeks. She has been given 3 doses so far. She now has her humidty at 35-40 and her temp at 100 on basking side. She has been eating but it's always varying. one meal she eats aton and the next she's not as interested but does eventually eat. she isn't super active but does move around just not as much as i would like to see. Does anyone know at all how to help her move along in getting better. She also refuses greens but this isn't new. Are they supposed to get better slowly? i don't get it..
Please get her a ceramic heat emitter and keep your temps around 80 ambient - this will help keep her immune system up --- her UVB should be a long tube fixture NO coils they are a health hazard --- I have links if you need them we recommend 3 kinds on this forum- if you have a long tube fixture now what is the brand and the bulb your using and how old is it and where is it placed? Surface basking temps should be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- its good she is still eating and we want to keep her eating -- make sure she is hydrated by either dropping water on her nose or spraying her head so she licks - she needs to start eating more salads her diet is going to flip to insects 2-3 times per week and she should be fed veggies every day -- the humidity is good if your getting that w/ a digital probe hygrometer placed in the center back wall of the tank -- analogs are inaccurate

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Are you able to get her humidity down any to under 30 or so, while she is getting better? I wouldn't
let it get any higher. As Karrie suggested, be sure you are using a digital probe type of hygrometer to
accurately measure the humidty.
Which antibiotic is she on for the pneumonia?
They can be very stubborn about eating their greens but just keep on working with her. Try to offer a
variety of greens, to determine whether or not she has any favorites or not.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom