Pluto is a female (laid a clutch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pluto is a rescue about 4 weeks ago before my husband and I rescued her she had been housed with a male for a week. We have no clue if they mated or not but she has laid a clutch we aren't sure if the clutch is fertile or not. So far it's only one clutch of 9 eggs.

So I have a question. If she is to lay another clutch how long would it be between laying?

This is her first time laying as far as I am aware. She had been digging previously and went from hungry to almost no appetite. She chose to lay them in her dig box but not all in the same spot which leads me to believe it's her first clutch.

After laying one clutch she still has a desire to dig and looks for hollows when she is out.

(I'm stressing a little about this)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, how is Pluto doing ? She may have more eggs to lay right now if she was laying them everywhere and didn't have a laying bin. Nine is a very small clutch so she's either very young or just not that healthy....unless she IS holding more eggs. It would be best to put the male in another tank, it's really stressful for a female to be with other dragons . esp. during egg laying time . She's in a new place, too so that alone can be stressful.

Can you post pics of her and her set up ? Here's how :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use XIMG to attach pics

jusalittlecrazy

Original Poster
W she went to the vet today she was still fighting an infection. Other than that she was healthy. She's only about a year. I only have her the male was put in by her previous owner before I got her. I took out the laying box. I dont have pics right now I'm actually taking her eggs to a friend that will try to incubate them for me.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh I'm sorry, I read right over the part that she was only with the male for a week. Good that she's on her own but it's best now to leave the laybox in the tank in case she needs to lay more.

Did the vet say what type of infection she has, external or internal and did you have bloodwork done ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, too bad. Hopefully she won't lose her appetite since she needs all the nutrients she can get after laying, and she may lay a few more clutches. Was she having trouble breathing or was she coughing/wheezing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom