PLS Read: Important about Beardie EATING DANDELIONS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMILE143

Hello all,
We usually spray the yard to kill weeds. This year with my beardie i'd like to feed him some dandelions. Can I feed him the ones growing from the ground although last year the yard was sprayed. Do they grow new each year or is this an old plant I shouldn't touch. No one seems to know that I ask. Please reply, Thanks!

Denise Bushnell (RIP)

Juvie Member
Retired Moderator
Unless you know for an absolute certainty that neither your family, nor any of your neighbors nearby, don't use any sort os pesticide or chemicals in their yard, on on their lawns, I wouldn't chance it. And since pesticides were used in your yard last year, I doubt it they would be safe to feed him. I can't say for sure that they would be toxic to him this year because of your use of pesticides last year....I doubt that anyone can....but, in my opinion it's not worth the risk!

Its a much better idea to simply buy dandelion greens at the supermarket for your beardie, then you'll know exactly what he's getting!

USMILE143

Original Poster
Great! Thanks so much. It was faster than I thought to get an answer. It is so tempting with all the Dandelions outside, but I will take all your advice that it's not worth the risk. I Love this site! Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom