pls help..crisis... i lost MJ (not at home) & need help find

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
I took MJ to my moms house. SHe's been here before once.

Long story short..

I bought a tote from Target that way I could set her lamps and make sure she was safe. She was fine, eating , etc. I then took a nap around 4:30, when I woke up at 6pm, she was gone. Not in her tote. Her tote was set up in the room where I slept.. so that was the first place I searched for. Usually when I'd lose her in the house I know all her hiding spots.. but this is a totally new enviroment for her. I TORE up the room we were in as I know she doesnt really stray far away from her original spots. I kept looking, looking ,looking, still no M.J . At first I was calm.. but when 7:30 came around, which is her bed time... I started to panick.

It is now 9:45 pm and I still haven't found her. I know she's sleeping somewhere.. I've looked EVERYWHERE. We even had one of my mom's dog in the house, I let him sniffed MJ's tote, and let him loose as I followed him sniffing. I dont know what to do, I feel so lost. If this was my house I wouldn't even care.

I was gonna go home tonight but now I won't until I find her. I've even called off work for tomorrow. I know she wakes up between 8 - 9 am, so Im gonna wake up an hour early and keep an eye out.

Any advise or any tricks any one can help me ? Sorry Im so depressed right now.. i dont know what to do. I m gona kill some crickets (i brought some) and line them up around the house for tomorrow morning. But please help if you know of any other ideas...

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Was the door closed to the room where you were napping? Is there a closet that she could've crawled into?
Just like at home, you have to look in and under everything, even places that you don't think she could squeeze into.

I hope you'll find her soon. Good luck.

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
thank you for the quick response. Yes the door was open. And there is a closet but there's only about a 1 inch gap under.. and Mj's too big to go through. I did check in there anyway and no luck. I've looked under the bed (i evne took the sheets off), under the couch, behind TV, ... still nothing. I dont know what to do. Do you think Im doing the wrong thing by waiting for morning to come ?

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Unfortunately, one inch of space is enough for them to squeeze under. I made the same mistake with a previous beardie and overlooked a rolling cart. After two days, I finally went back and looked again (with a flashlight this time) and sure enough, he was under the cart, flat as a pancake. I couldn't even pull him out and had to lift the cart to move him.

You would have to search each and every dark corner or possible heat source, like a TV or computer. And if the kitchen is nearby, you might want to look under and behind the refrigerator too (again, my previous beardies loved to hide under and behind a standup freezer).

If there are any open boxes or bags, look in there too (yes, I went through that experience too).

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
the kitchen isn't nearby, but I've checked under the fridge, even had it pulled out. I have started to look into shoe boxes, plastic bags, i mean, the weirdest place ! I wanna tear this place apart but as I've mentioned.. im at my mom & her boyfriends house. They were already .. 'eefy' at the fact I was going through their room. Btu i dont care.. im gonna find her and I only have until tomorrow.

Im just so sad.. its so cold right now and she's probably freezing somewhere and scared. My poor baby Ive been crying all night

When they're in an unfamiliar enviroment, do they usually wonder around or do they just stay in one spot ? Im gonna do one more attempt tonight but as I said its gonna be very hard as I Know shes already sleeping but I have hope.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Well, can't speak for everyone, but Pookie would find a corner where he knows nothing could easily get to him, no matter how small or tight the space is. As for being cold, once they're asleep, the low temps won't affect them as much.

I found that searching at night, in the dark, is easier than trying to search during the day. The light from a flashlight seem to pick up more due to casting shadows.

Oh, in addition to looking 'down', also look up. A few members had found their beardies clinging onto curtains (me too).

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Goonie":8627b said:
.. As for being cold, once they're asleep, the low temps won't affect them as much.

I found that searching at night, in the dark, is easier than trying to search during the day. The light from a flashlight seem to pick up more due to casting shadows.

Ok the cold comment made me feel better.

And also thanks for sayin that bout searching at night. THis whole time I thoguht in the morning would be better.. but IM gonna drink a red bull and stay up until I find her. thank you soo much

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
GarinGazelle":87c87 said:
look inside blankets if any. they might crawl up in them.

AND KEEP US POSTED! you'll find her i know it!

Ive even looked throuh the folded ones in the closet. But I"ll go through everything again. I keep coming back to the computer room to check this post to see if there's any ohter thing I should try... im so scared.

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Oh no! Not MJ!! :(
You can try setting up a lamp (like a desk lamp) on the floor in each room, if you have enough to do that, and just leave them there for a while and into tomorrow. My neighbors beardie got out and she did that, the next morning, he was basking under one of the lamps she set up. In the mean time, I would make sure there's no animals that may want to have MJ as a snack in the house :/ and make sure all the doors stay shut.
I'm sure you'll find her, best of luck to you!!
Keep us updated!!!
EDIT If you don't have enough lamps to do that, I'd start in the room you were napping in. I'm sure she wouldn't have wandered too far..

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
SARBEAR":346b4 said:
You can try setting up a lamp (like a desk lamp) on the floor in each room, if you have enough to do that, and just leave them there for a while and into tomorrow. My neighbors beardie got out and she did that, the next morning, he was basking under one of the lamps she set up. In the mean time, I would make sure there's no animals that may want to have MJ as a snack in the house :/ and make sure all the doors stay shut.
Keep us updated!!!

Unfortunately im not at home.. that's my biggest concern. I brought her basking lamp with me so I have it set up in the room where I was napping. I turned the tote sideways with some lettuce in it so she can get in. The dogs are all outside so we're good on the animals part. ITs just soo much SH** in here that I dont even know where to start ! Ive looked under everything!! I only have until tomorrow.. I feel like IM going back to the places Ive already looked over and over again... im so lost

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Aznrainbowdime":c33d8 said:
SARBEAR":c33d8 said:
Keep us updated!!!

Unfortunately im not at home.. that's my biggest concern. I brought her basking lamp with me so I have it set up in the room where I was napping. I turned the tote sideways with some lettuce in it so she can get in. The dogs are all outside so we're good on the animals part. ITs just soo much SH** in here that I dont even know where to start ! Ive looked under everything!! I only have until tomorrow.. I feel like IM going back to the places Ive already looked over and over again... im so lost
There's no lamps at all at your moms house? They don't need to have a basking bulb in it, just any bulb will do..

Hmm..if I was a beardie where would I hide??
Probably under the bed??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom