Please Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pankou

I'm trying to nurse 2 geckos back to health. I just picked them up. They are bone skinny and their tails are cut to the hind end. The one I don't think is going to make it though the night, He is taking a breath about every 20 seconds. He is trying to move next to his female who is protective of him. They are about 2 years old. They were in a home that had young kids and the tails where cut off not to mention they were not feed. I went and bought 20 crickets which I put calcium on that I have for my beardy to put in the cage the female ate about 3 of them so far and she is drinking some clean water. I have a zoo med light on there to just try to help them. Any other ideas I hate to see animals suffer. Please help soon.

Plus I do have beardys but know nothing about leperard gecko what do I need to know

Pankou

Original Poster
The Male did not make it though the night :( Im hoping that I can nurse the female back to health.

Please does anyone have any helpful hints for me?

Poisoned1

Gray-bearded Member
Pankou":89eb2 said:
The Male did not make it though the night :( Im hoping that I can nurse the female back to health.

Please does anyone have any helpful hints for me?

Okay I'm sorry to hear a bout the male.

The thing is leopard geckos don't need uv they are nocturnal animals, they do need an UTH heat pad for the nights and meal worms are good feeder for them, but not for beardies of course.
Give a little calciuma nd water is great.

They need a place to shed so you need to get them a moist hide so they can shed peacefull

OgleRpets

Sub-Adult Member
I'm sorry to hear about your male. What kind of gecko is your surviving female? The care is VERY different for different types of geckos. Please let us know what kind of gecko so that you can do the right things for them. :D

Livey

Extreme Poster
Im also currently trying to nurse a leo who has MBD and was not in great health..
I use UV 5.0 in the day to boost his calcuim and cover every thing in calcuim..
i would also ask what they used to feed them, becuase mine will only eat hoppers as they fed him thta in the pet store...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom