please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdeanjr

spike has been glass surfing ALOT the last 2 days, belly is white, beard bright orange, seems and looks healthy and happy. today she has laid this 3 times(pic below) i have no idea what it is, she hasnt eatin her greens in 2 days. Please chime in if you have any info. all my lights and temps are right. Diamc helped with those some time ago.

alechendi

From the looks of it, she could be sick with coccidia. Its the parasite that is most commonly seen in beardies. I would take a fecal exam to check if there are any parasites present. They sell cheap ones online or you can take it into a vet. Make sure you keep het hydrated, minimize cage furnishings, remove wooden/porous objects amd throw them away (assuming she has coccidia). If you have more than one Beardie try to isolate this one just in case it is sick. Hope this helped!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Is she just excreting urates now with nothing else?
How long has this been going on?
What are you feeding her routinely?

What is her age, has she ever laid any eggs?
Please review your temperatures with us just to be sure they are all good. You are using a digital probe or temp gun to measure them, correct?

Tracie

jdeanjr

Original Poster
Hi Tracie, thank you so much for your concern! We got her from petsmart so not sure of exact age, but beleive she is just over a year old, we got her in march of last year but she was bigger than normal from there. (i will post a pic from the day we got her, maybe you can help determine her age closer) She has never laid eggs. She is on a variety of green(i gave the staple list to my wife and let her get what she wanted), I know for sure she eats collard and mustard greens. Grapes one a week every so often, and misc other fruits from www.beautifuldragons.com food list. She is in a 40g breeder, slate tile flooring, repti-sun 10.0 24" tube light, just a house hold flood light for basking. Basking surface temp is 99-103, cool side is 78-84(temps are fluctuating due to outdoor temp changes). To measure temps we used the dual thermometer from walmart with the long probe on a wire(advised by Daimc).

As for the length of the issue, She was glass surving alot yesterday and the day before, she didn't eat greens for 2 days. Then yesterday she began pooing like i showed, did it twice yesterday and one normal one early yesterday morning. i bathed her, and let her out for a while. This morning she ate about 1/2 of her bowl of greens, pooed fairly normal(a bit more runnier than normal but looks much better) and she seems happy.

I hope i gave you enough info, need anything else let me know.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You are welcome.
Her behavior sounds pretty normal to me. Sure, if you have any pictures of her, that would be great!
It could possibly be that she is developing eggs, but not sure. Is she gaining any weight or look round at all to you?
Your greens/staples sound great!
Is she eating very many insects at all right now? It sounds like she is eating less than normal. When did she start to decrease her food intake?
Is the Reptisun 10 tube bulb mounted alongside of the basking light?
The acurite digital probe is perfect, it will measure the temperatures very well. I don't think she is getting too hot, based on your temperature readings.

You could try to get a fecal on her to determine if you think she may have worms/parasites.

Let us know how she is doing!
Tracie

jdeanjr

Original Poster
She has always had a bit of a belly but doesnt look abnormal to me. I will try to get a pic for you asap! The uvb is mounted on the back of the tank, and the basking is on the top. Pretty much identical to the way the tank is set up in the light help for noobies post. http://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/newbies-guide-lighting-help/ my uvb is a bit lower in the tank because i dont have high limbs in it. but the lights have been this way for months. she eats as many dubias as i will feed her. usually 10-12 3/4" nymphs. she has ate steady on dubias, just slowed her greens a bit.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Thanks. She is a pretty girl indeed!
Try mounting the UVB directly overhead for better UVB exposure. Mounting the tube bulb on the back of the tank allows the UVB emissions to bounce & refract all over the area while not being better directed downwards onto her.
Also, it is eye level or close to it which can be a constant glare on her eyes & aggravate them.
Can you get a screen top to mount the tube bulb on, underneath?
The tube bulb should be mounted directly beside the basking light for an overall basking/UVB area.

How is she doing today?

Tracie

jdeanjr

Original Poster
She is doing great! Seems happy, Ran around the house all weekend, ate most of her greens and fruit, loves the dubias. Pooed this morning and all weekend has been normal. I mounted the uvb to the top. Once you see it and if its correct i will do my babies tank the same way. Thank you so much for your help!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is wonderful, she is doing better now?
The UVB tube looks better, it doesn't look like it is glaring into her eyes as it did before. Does she seem to like that more?
That is excellent to hear she ate her greens & fruit along with her dubias, also. She is a beautiful girl!
I am glad that it helped her out so much.

Keep me posted on her progress. :D

Tracie

jdeanjr

Original Poster
I think she likes it, I could def tell it was bothering her eyes, they both sit alot with their eyes half closed. I hope it didnt do any damage

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so glad it seemed to have improved her entire demeanor! That is great news.
I don't think she should have any permanent eye damage. The lights are good now, so hopefully she will stop squinting & her eyes are open more as well.

Keep us posted on her.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom