PLEASE HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draake

HELP PLEASE

Hi,
hello bearded dragon lovers, i need your help. my name is nick, and i have a 10 month old beardie who needs your help. before i go over the setup, here are the symptoms.
i think he has mbd, which i dont understand how! he has a 3 month old reptisun 18inch under the tank and he can get pretty close to it. he may have parasites, cause of his runny/smellly poo. for the last 2 days he has been very sleepy with a black beard. the only thing i cant understand is he has a perfectly creamy white no stress mark belly! is he brumating? lack of eating very sleepy and a black beard? please help!
setup
40x12x13 tank
basking spot 95-110 depends on room temp
reptisun 10.0 under the tank
housed on paper towels
please help!!! is he going to die? i really love him from the bottom of my heart <3 if a vet is an issue, i can take care of it. anything. pleaase.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Nick, sorry to hear that your 10 mo old isn't acting right. You mentioned that you were afraid that he might have MBD, what are you seeing that makes you suspect that?

Since he has a runny/smelly poo, it would be a good idea to have a fecal checked. Some vets will just let you drop off a sample rather than taking the beardie there but you would have to see what your vet prefers.

Being very sleepy and having a lack of appetite could be signs of brumation BUT the black beardie isn't, that's why we need to rule other things out first. How long as he been acting this way? When did he last eat and what exactly did he eat? How often do you bathe him?

I noticed that your basking temps go from 95 to 110, that's quite a big difference. I have a 7 month old that would avoid her basking spot if it is over 102 so I suspect your 10 mo old is too hot. What type of thermometer are you using to ck the temps? What is the wattage of your basking bulb(s)?

How often have you been dusting with calcium & vitamins?

todd1984

I might tend to agree with draake about the temps. but the only thing is this just started right? I would allso like to think that maybe with out the parricets the temps would be fine but then throw them in to the mix making him a bit more stressed. allso is there a feflection he can see him self with? just saying mabe the reason for the black beard could just be that. he sees a nother mail in his viv and is standing his ground so to say. good luck

Draake

Original Poster
Hi diamc, thanks for your reply.
I have a vet appointment tomarrow at 1 Pm. Hes been acting this way for 2 weeks now. I went away for the summer and i had my friend "babysit" Crystal. i had phoenix worrms shipped there every week, and when i got back he was pretty fat and healthy. he is still being fed reptiworms, but hasnt been eating AT ALL. i just soaked him and he was completely lifeless, with a black beard. he opened his eyes a few times, but thats it. he has no stress marks, which is weird..i measure temps with a probe. the last time he ate until he was full was about 5 days ago...im really worried and i dont know what to do. the reason i think he has mbd is because he can't walk...and his back legs are paralyzed. hes not impacted, cause i felt around his belly and soak him 20 min a day. i've tried baby food but he wont even lick it off his snout, and i cant get liquid calcium into him. he's really sleepy and "lifeless" and im really worried. hopefully my vet can help. i dont have much money, so i will try my best.

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
I think I read that the ReptiSun is under his tank? Glass blocks all UVB rays and screen lids block about 50% of UVB rays, so mounting or hanging the ReptiSun inside his tank would up his UVB exposure. Diamc and todd covered the other things that I thought of :)
Good luck with your little guy! Crossing human and beardie fingers & toes for you <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom