Please help!!!!! RIP dear one

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Emeraldcoast":1ea92 said:
You might, as suggested, double check on the correct dose. I just tried the vet obviously they r closed. Refers u to UofP Animal Hosp. called n they won't help me over the phone regarding the dose but I could go there, and they would do a phone consult with the exotic animal dr as they don't work weekend. ugh
A vet here said that the Baytril can sometimes cause them to lose their appetite. What are the other side effects of Baytril that you learned about?I asked my vet n he said the nephrotoxicity like tracie mentioned. i also saw a few things that said seizures
Emerald
Emeraldcoast":1ea92 said:
What about an ultrasound exam? I tried. My vet said Spike's too small to do any real diagnostic testing. The x-ray was all they could do.
What about blood work? Tried this too but was told he is too fragile rite now, that it very well could kill him. I tried everything be/c I would like to know what the real problem is rather than ruling things out or the best suspect.
Maybe we can help you a little at the vet with the costs?ur too sweet! u actually made me smile, which today is a huge feat! I am by no means well off but I would pay anything to help Spike. The vet warned me he didn't think he'd see anything on the xray but i paid for it anyway be/c at least thats one answer, u know?
Emerald
So, what do I do now about the med? Does it make a difference that it was diluted in a 1:10? Also, it takes me all day to feed Spike 1 to 1.5mls of critical care.. I am so afraid of over doing it and making him worse. But i was warned to wait 3 hours after his fluid injection to feed him. I think Spike is starting to hate me be/c I m always doing something to him. I wish one of u lived somewhere near me so I could let u see him and tell me ur thoughts. I feel like I live on a desert island!

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
Where do you live? What state? Maybe someone on here does live near you we just don't know it yet
You are doing the best. I wonder if his shed worehim out?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Jane,

I have been reading over everything again in case something has been missed.
When you state the concentration of the Baytril is 33mg/ml, is that as is? Or did you dilute the 33mg/ml down to a lesser concentration than that? I am just trying to make sure of what it actually is. It is hard when I cannot see the label!
Spike does not look good. What else can we help you with now? Is he black bearding at all?

Thanks.
Tracie

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I live just outside Philadelphia, PA

Tracie, yes it was diluted in a 1:10. He is black bearding a bit but honestly, he didn't start doing it until I had to force feed him. He has mild stress marks tho

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
I have no idea if it is close or not but Lance lives in Reading PA, and I am thinking WolfmanTom lives somewhere in PA. I will have to go find one of his posts and see if it has his info there.

Come on Spike buddy, we love ya and want you to get all better.

EDITED TO ADD,, WolfmanTom is in Philly PA.

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Original Poster
ok, so I sent a PM to wolfman. X X fingers crossed but I don't want him to feel pressured. I sure would be relieved tho.

Also, I went ahead n removed the indoor/outdoor carpeting just in case. I am praying he perks up even if it is a tiny bit.

Thank u so much for helping us. I would be an huge mess without all ur support. (rite now I m just a nervous scared mess)

Emeraldcoast

Juvie Member
Hang in there, Jane. We are all pulling for you and Spike. You are not alone. I have emailed some beardie buddies for you. You may be getting emails from them. I sent your email to 3 different people: Pam, Bambi, and Todd.

Emerald

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Jane,

Ok, so it is a true 33mg/ml concentration. It was diluted from a 100mg/ml probably, or somewhere around those lines.
How is he doing?
That would be great if you had Lance or Tom help out if they are close by for you.
Keep us posted on Spike! We are all thinking about him!

Tracie

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
Jane--
PM me please. I live in Montgomery COunty, about 30mins outside of Philly,PA where do you live.
Tom probably wont get back to you until tonight as he is in Pittsburgh with some of his babies.

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
Jane--I am HOPING that you live near me, so maybe I can come over and help.
Tom DOES live in NE Philly I believe. I just sent you 2 emails and sent 1 over to Tracie as well.

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
Oh and Tom is out at the Pittsburgh Reptile Expo but should be home tonight so you may not hear from him until tomorrow morning.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Jane,

How Spke doing, I was so glad to see the pm'ing going on, we're determined he's going to thrive. Did Trace sort out the meds? She's wonderful to talk to, very supportive and knows her stuff. She's helped me numerous times, and our beardies are healthy as a result. I also pm'd a friend, Barbara Witte, who is very knowledgable about beardie heath. She's Z&W's mom, the 2 headed dragon that now 2 1/2 yrs old. She's also knowledgable about stuff to help beardies trive, so she's also reading this thread.

Big HUGS to you and Spike, that he now turns a corner and starts to get better. It's going to take awhile, and in baby steps; we're all rooting for you Spike. All our dragons are wanting to let Spike know that they're senidng beardie strength to him, hope he gets it!

Take care, keep us posted,
Deb

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I only have a minute but I wanted to quickly update u. Not sure what is going on with Spike. I thought I was losing him this afternoon. He looked very gray, weak, lethargic. Laid in my hand for an hour without moving n hardly opening his eyes. My son came in and started crying hysterically and Spike jumped up! He just stood there for a minute but after 10 minutes, he looked better than he did yesterday.

We bathed him in pedialyte and got some food into him. He's now resting in his viv but he's holding himself up by his front arms! I have company here but will update this evening. Oh, and I didn't give him the baytril today.

Thank u so much for ur support. It means the world to me n Spike. (But Spike does look even thinner than before.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom