Please help quick eye problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squishi

I just got in and my beardie has one eye shut, it looks like it could be stuck but there is no gunk or puss around his eye, he couldnt open it to eat properly or when i touched him on the side of the bad eye. what sould i do??

please help jay

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
what type of uv bulb do you have for your beardie? Some brands and types are causing eye problems.
Also, do you have sand as a substrate? If so, is it possible your beardie got sand in their eye?

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Do you have an info about your beardie, like how old he/she is, what UVB light he had, etc?
The first thing I can suggest is flushing the eye with non-chemical saline. If this guy's in bad shape, you may also want to soak him in warm water (90-100*F) to rehydrate him.
Sara

Squishi

Original Poster
Jiffy":c5afd said:
what type of uv bulb do you have for your beardie? Some brands and types are causing eye problems.
Also, do you have sand as a substrate? If so, is it possible your beardie got sand in their eye?

I use a reptiglo 10.0 uvb, And He is kept on woodchip

Squishi

Original Poster
spurlee01":3d2a2 said:
Do you have an info about your beardie, like how old he/she is, what UVB light he had, etc?
The first thing I can suggest is flushing the eye with non-chemical saline. If this guy's in bad shape, you may also want to soak him in warm water (90-100*F) to rehydrate him.
Sara

He is about 5 now but Im not entialy sure as i brought him when he was an adult, Ive had him for about 3 years and he was fully grown when i got him like i said he's on a reptiglo 10.0 uvb and is kept on wood chip

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
If I were you, I would turn off the reptiglo 10.0. It has caused eye problems in beardies. I think this link explains more viewtopic.php?f=34&t=101703&p=793076&hilit=ReptiGlo+10.0#p793076. Leave all UVB off for about a week, then get a better bulb such as the reptisun 10.0. Best price at http://www.petmountain.com. Also, a solid substrate such as repti-carpet, papertowel, or tile would probably be better. Loose substrates can be ingested, can become dusty which causes eye problems, and they can harbor bacteria.
Sara

Squishi

Original Poster
thanks for you help his eye is looking a lil bit better after his bath as i droped some water over his eye, cheers again jay
Code:

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
I just reread this. Somehow I thought that you had just gotten your guy. I didn't mean to imply at all that you weren't caring for him. For some reason I thought that you had gotten him with that eye problem.
Sara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom