please help not sure what to do female laying eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a female that is currently laying eggs and she has been going at it fore about 3 hours laid about 7 eggs and has fallen asleep in the same spot she was laying them in how long before i have to move the 7 or so into the incubator or do i leave them untill she moves and burys them

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
I would just wait until she is done, if you have to unbury and move, that's alright, just don't turn them when you are unburying them and moving to the incubator.
Janie.

hannibal_kayne

Original Poster
well here is another question she laid 7 eggs but has seemed to maby have some sort of problems she is not intrested in eating anything which is not like her at all she still seems to fat to be done and i am not sure but i think i still feel eggs in her is that normal and is it normal fore her to not want to eat fore a few days after laying her eggs

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Yes, that is completely normal for a laying female. have you by chance made her a lay box ? just a rubber maid container with a 50/50 of sand and clean potting soil, damp enough to pinch a drop of water from, a clamp on shop lamp with bulb for heat. place her in there, and let her finish the job.
Hope this helps,
Janie.

hannibal_kayne

Original Poster
zebraflavencs":b35a4 said:
Yes, that is completely normal for a laying female. have you by chance made her a lay box ? just a rubber maid container with a 50/50 of sand and clean potting soil, damp enough to pinch a drop of water from, a clamp on shop lamp with bulb for heat. place her in there, and let her finish the job.
Hope this helps,
Janie.

yes that is were she laid her eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom