Please help? New baby owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

sieradon

Just got a new bearded baby dragon. Its about 3 inches long. We brought him home and he was pretty active. The kids were holding him. They are older kids by the way 15 and 18. Anyway we fed it 6 baby crickets. And he started going nuts in the cage so my daughter picked him up and he crawled up almost under her chin and fell asleep there. We put him in his cage after falling asleep on my daughter and he has been sleeping ever since. Is this normal?

KatieKat

Juvie Member
The crazy is normal, he is adjusting to his new enviorment and may be scared. I just got a new beardier too, and she and my other did the same thing when I first brought them home. As the the amount a baby needs is as many as they will eat ina 10-15 minute period. Just make sure they are no bigger than the space between his eyes, which clearly since they;re babies, they shouldn't be. Hope I hleped :)

my1stBD

Juvie Member
Babies are very very active, just be aware he may still have some relo stress for a few days. As for feeding, as much as he wants to eat in a 10-15 minute timespan 2-3 times a day. This can amount to anywhere between 50 and 100 crickets per day
Just make sure the cricks are appropriately sized for him and not too big

tgolden

Sub-Adult Member
Little dragons are a little nutty anyway lol be careful when you have him on your chest.he will go from asleep to jumping off your chest and making a brake for it lol

sieradon

Original Poster
Thanks for the info people. He is doing great. Do they do OK in a noisy house? I have 5 children ages 10, 12, 15, 16, 18 and sometimes it does get very noisy here also have macaws and they can be noisy as well and there are people walking by him all the time. Just don't know what will exactly stress him out. And I think he lost part of his tail from being in with another baby, will it grow back? Would love to put a pic of him up but don;t know how. :(

my1stBD

Juvie Member
All dragons differ regarding noise toleration. Some handle it well like mine (My house is very noisy and shes in a high traffic area) and others dont. Youll just have to wait and see and if it seems to be stressing him move him to a quieter place in the house and see if that helped.

As for their tails growing back......NOPE they dont, but hell be fine without the missing part. As long as its healed up well and nort infected

To post pics youll need to upload the pics to PHOTOBUCKET and copy the immage code into the "img" brackets here on the site and itll show

Step one: Log into http://www.photobucket.com

Step two: Click Upload images & videos and select images (select more than one by holding down ctrl)

Step three: Images upload to gallery

Step four: Click return to album

Step five: Roll mouse over newly uploaded image and go to the last one where it says IMG, right click and hit copy

Step six: Open thread in forum and right click and hit paste and post!

sieradon

Original Poster
Tiny2.jpg
Tiny3.jpg
Tiny4.jpg
Tiny.jpg

tgolden

Sub-Adult Member
There is three boys running around my house being vary noisy as we speek and rapter is crashed out sleepimg like a babe lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom