Please help me I'm so scared!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm a first time beardie owner and my baby is about 1-2 months old. I fed him crickets about an hour ago and just now I went back to check on him. I guess when my gramma was helping me a hair fell out of her head and I saw it next to him. I tugged on it gently but it was stuck in his mouth!! I read somewhere that long hair is very bad for them. Please someone help I don't want my baby to die or be sick!! And I don't want it to get wrapped around his organs or something horrible like that!!

He'll probably be fine. if it was just a strand or two, it will go down. If you experience him having abnormal symptoms, I would take him to a vet. If nothing seems wrong right now, wait and see how he does. Doesn't seem like something very worrysome.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
So how hard did you tug at it ? Is it still sticking out ? You can give it a couple of gentle tugs, that would be O.K, but if it's really not budging with a gentle pull then you did the right thing.....better to leave it than have it tighten around an organ inside of him. A vet may be able to pull it out with tiny forceps....otherwise just feed him as normal but add a few drops of veg. oil or honey to help move things along. The food should just push it out, so you do want to feed him and hopefully he'll expel it in a day or so.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He should be able to pass that through just fine, but definitely don't tug or yank on it as that could hurt him.
As suggested, you can give some olive or coconut oil with some honey (just a drop or two) to help out. I think though he should be fine. Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Ashgrove13

Original Poster
Alright guys thanks so much for the help! I really appreciate it! Leo is doing fine I managed to gently slide the hair out. Again thanks so much!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news for little Leo! I am glad he was able to pass the hair through successfully. :D
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom