Please Help! Fina has lost weight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I weigh all of the dragons that we have every Tuesday. 3 of the dragons gained weight this week like normal. Fina has lost 13g since last week. She weighed 483g last Tuesday and 470g this morning. She was 15 months on Thanksgiving day. Her setup is as follows:

36x18x24 viv
24" Reptisun 10.0 UVB
100 watt heat lamp
Basking spot is kept around 101 because that is where she seems to like it.
warm spot is around 90 and cool spot is around 84

She has pretty much stopped eating feeders twice a day. Most days I can get her to eat them at least once. She always has mustard greens available and eats some of them everyday. Not a bunch though. She gets a bath every other day for 15 minutes and has a BM just about everyday. They are well formed and not runny. She seems to be a little less active lately and wants to spend most of the day on the cool side of her viv. I measure her temps with a digital thermometer with a probe AND a temp gun. Is this just a normal winter slow-down? Is 13g lost in a week ok?

I plan to weigh her every couple of days to monitor her weight. I have enclosed a picture taken of her today and a picture of her weight chart.

I am a nervous parent after losing baby Clover. Thanks in advance!

Susan

Soulwind

Sub-Adult Member
At her size, 13 grams may be no more than a really big poo.

Obviously keep an eye on her, but unless she continues to lose weight
pretty rapidly then I wouldn't worry yet.

You might also get concerned if she loses weight slowly but steadily for
more than a week or two.

Try to weigh her under the same conditions (ie right after her bath, especially
if that's when she poos) so you can limit variables (like poo and dehydration levels)
as much as possible.

ownedbyfina

Original Poster
Thanks for your reply! :) I always weigh them in the morning before feeding them, bathing them or they have a BM. I plan to weigh her again Thursday and see if there is any change. She did eat feeders twice today and some of her greens. She doesn't look or act sick. I know she is parasite free because they all had fecals right after Clover died. I hope this is just a one time thing and she won't continue to lose weight.

Thanks,

Susan :)

ownedbyfina

Original Poster
Fina has gained back the 13 grams plus 2 more. :) I will continue to weigh her every other day for the next weeks to make sure she is ok.

Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom