Please Help Elvis

Status
Not open for further replies.

babyelvissocute

Sub-Adult Member
Yes enough was raised, and in the estimate from the vet it included pain meds after the surgery. Hopefully that will be all he needs :D

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That is SO great that enough money was needed for the surgery. :D That must have really lightened your load and made much less worry for you. Elvis is so sweet, he deserves nothing but the best.

babyelvissocute

Sub-Adult Member
His surgery is the 27th :) It was supposed to be the 13th, but there is bloodwork that needs to be done before 24 hours before the surgery and I thought it was going to be done on the morning before the surgery. My bad :/
So the 25th is his blood work. Haha, he's coming to mass general with me after his blood work because I have to get more lab tests and results from other ones and we wont have time to bring him home. So that should be interesting!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
We will all be thinking of you and sending healing thoughts to Elvis, not much time left before the surgery.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Hello Kaitlyn,

The surgery is coming up soon!
How is Elvis doing now, I know his mouth is bothering him now, so the surgery couldn't be coming at a better time!

Tracie

babyelvissocute

Sub-Adult Member
Hi,
He's doing good, but feeding him is becoming really hard, more than usual, because it has been bleeding SO much! I use qtips to catch the blood, from the inside and outside, in between feedings (which is only babyfood with a syringe) and this is how much blood he loses during a single feeding:
0122111458-1.jpg

And I hate when he swallows blood! any ideas on how to not make it bleed as much?

babyelvissocute

Sub-Adult Member
Hi,
just got back from Mass General and Elvis's vet. We both had to get blood drawn, but his took awhile because he put up quite the fight, lol. He had quite the black beard too, and was pretty mad at me and the vet. When she brought him back in to me he ran across the table tome and gave me the stink eye! He lost 12 grams in the last 2 months, but the vet said thats okay since he has only been able to eat babyfood and he went through brumation.
So thursday is his surgery and I probaly *hopefully* wont have school, another snowstorm is moving in tomorow. It looks like freakin Alaska here! Snow storm after snow storm, and we've had a lot of snow days. But, my school doesnt want to miss thursday because we have midterms, but even if I do have school atleast I'll be out by 11:20 a.m.

So, thursday is the big day. I'll keep everyone posted!

Kaitlyn

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Hello Kaitlyn,

Oh hon, I am sorry that Elvis loses that much blood daily. I knew it was bad, but was not aware that it was quite that bad. Elvis is such a trooper & he still eats anyway!
There is not a whole lot you can do to reduce the amount of blood but you can dab it with diliuted betadine which might help to stop the bleeding as much.
Poor thing, he was that mad after getting blood drawn! Well, the tail stick cannot feel good at all, that is for sure. So he was mad at you & the vet then! At least he has not lost hardly any weight though, even through the brumation. I think that he will be fine, since he is healthy, overall.
What time is his surgery on thursday? So you will get to be with him that day, for the most part. Is he staying overnight after the surgery then?

Keep us posted on him!
Tracie

babyelvissocute

Sub-Adult Member
Hi,
I do dab it with the betadine and cold water, but he still loses that much blood. Oh, I forgot to mentiom yesterday, the tumor made one of his teeth fall out, the vet thinks. And shes not sure if she can get the whole tumor out, but shes going to do the best she can then shes sending it to a lab to be biopsied so we can see if theres a possibility that it could come back. I hope it doesnt.

Yeah the vet said that she expected him to lose some weight, shes not worried about 12 grams. But he goes in tomorow morning and I pick him up tomorow night! I'll keep you all posted!

babyelvissocute

Sub-Adult Member
Guys, I'm freaking out!I just had to say bye to him for the last time before surgery. My great grandmother is on an oxygen breathing tank, and I am sleeping at her house tonight because if her power goes out during this storm I need to call 911. Im SO scared about his surgery! I cried after saying bye and giving him a hug ):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom