Please Help Elvis

Status
Not open for further replies.

babyelvissocute

Sub-Adult Member
it doesn't feel like it's alot, but I have felt them for about a week now right above the vent and she hasn't laid them. the tumor is still growing but it slowed down a little. instead of growing out like it did last time, it's growing out, up, and inside both ways, which is why it's affecting her eye, or it might have spread to her eye, they couldn't tell. it's alot worse then last time.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Just know we're all thinking about you, sending strength wishes your way. It's so hard to lose a dragon. We rescued Angel in Mar 09, she'd never had UVB and her gones were very soft. I helped strengthen her muscles and she was walking two months later. We had alot of fun with her for a year, when her kidneys failed & she passed away. It was so hard, but having other dragons, they helped me get my mind of my loss.

It's always heart-rending when a beardie is sick, as you feel helpless. So there's no way to remove the tumour for good? At least Ella is happy and active, that's helpful. I hope she passes the eggs without too much effort. Glad that the tumour has stopped growing for awhile.

All the best, Kaitlyn, we're all here to help you go through this with Ella.
HUGS
Deb

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Hello Kaitlyn,

You are a jewel & are Ella's angel for sure. She is a lucky girl she has had you for a mom & best friend. I am always here for you.

Tracie

babyelvissocute

Sub-Adult Member
Shes been doing okay, sorry I havent updated lately. I still come on and check the threads! I have been getting concerned about Ella, she still hasnt laid any eggs. I have started giving her baths every day and olive oil to help, I really dont want to have to bring her to the vet because I fear if shes egg bound they are just going to tell me shes been thru enough and I have to put her to sleep now. But I dont feel like its time yet, shes still eating and happy and hasnt lost any more weight. I'm hoping she will lay the eggs soon. She still has bad days, but theres alot more good days then bad. She came camping with me the beginning of august, she loved it, I have tons of pictured on my phone but the touch screen isnt working so I cant upload them to photobucket until that gets fixed. I promise I will be on more and give more updates!

Spiketheleucistic

Hatchling Member
So shes doing good know but will probably have to be put down soon? I feel so bad for you! I wouldnt have the strength to do that if it was spike :cry:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Day by day is all you can do. As for the eggs, it's hard to tell. Sweetie is an egg layer too, usually I can tell when she's ready to drop her eggs, she'll leave little poop/urates when she's running around the living room & then I know it's soon. I can't think of anything you can do to make her lay. I'm just glad she has more good days than bad. Keep me posted. If I come up with anything re: eggs, I'll let you know.
I know how hard this must be on both of you, hugs & good thoughts & prayers,
Deb

babyelvissocute

Sub-Adult Member
Shes hanging in there, she still hasnt laid them eggs though! I'm going to give her a few days, then bring her back to the vet. The only reason why I have been trying to avoid the vet is because I have a bad feeling her vet is going to want me to put her down now :cry:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I understand. I don't think I'd put her down yet because she's still doing fairly well. You will know, better than the vet, when it's time for her to go.

Spiketheleucistic

Hatchling Member
beardie parents":7hul00r4 said:
I understand. I don't think I'd put her down yet because she's still doing fairly well. You will know, better than the vet, when it's time for her to go.
I agree! And she's already far surpassed the vets expectations! Who knows, sometimes this stuff just goes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom